• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What’s Your Super Six?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite literally can't go worse, and we won't be in a situation where we play some kid just to make him quit bitching and disrupt the position meetings.

Basically only options for worse include getting stabby or creating a flood of #metoo tweets.

I agree Gebbia is slight, but Milton at UCF wasn't exactly a tank. He' listed on their roster as 5'11" and 170lbs. I think Gebbia has a lot of potential in this offense and it would be hard to convince me a guy who is pretty mobile, accurate, and a driven work ethic is gonna be beat out easily by a kid who took a year off because of injury and just stepped on a college campus. If Martinez does it, that would be a great sign of his abilities, but my guess is Gebbia will be the man next year.

I was thinking Milton was up to 185 for some reason. That's where Gebbia is listed right now, but since he came in at that weight I don't think it's accurate. Seeing him around town I wouldnt call him slight anymore. Certainly not Frost-esque, but he won't be asked to run people over. Additionally, Milton averaged what, like 8 carries a game, and you have to believe 2-3 of those weren't designed runs, so our QB isn't going to be taking a bunch of shots over the course of the year. I think Gebbia comes out of spring in good shape to win the job.

That said, if Martinez wins it, how quickly does the QB room shrink? Conceivably, we could go into 2019 with a true soph starting, and Vedral and Masker backing him up with 2 true freshmen. Makes the 2019 class increasingly important if that happens.

I was thinking Milton was up to 185 for some reason. That's where Gebbia is listed right now, but since he came in at that weight I don't think it's accurate. Seeing him around town I wouldnt call him slight anymore. Certainly not Frost-esque, but he won't be asked to run people over. Additionally, Milton averaged what, like 8 carries a game, and you have to believe 2-3 of those weren't designed runs, so our QB isn't going to be taking a bunch of shots over the course of the year. I think Gebbia comes out of spring in good shape to win the job.

That said, if Martinez wins it, how quickly does the QB room shrink? Conceivably, we could go into 2019 with a true soph starting, and Vedral and Masker backing him up with 2 true freshmen. Makes the 2019 class increasingly important if that happens.

That's where i'm at too. QB legitimately gets 5-10 carries in this offense. I think you're right that QB being taken (maybe two in 2019 depending on attrition) will continue to be a top priority and it should be.

What will be interesting is that there isn't that workhorse RB of old (even Ameer etc) in this offense. We could see the top guy getting 15-20 carries a game. It'll be fun to see how they maximize ypc for everyone. I'm really looking forward to it.

My opinion on that, we need better players on defense, and this offense makes it so just a really fast guy can be electric for us. A guy like Woodyard didn't make my Super 6, but let's say he is our #3 option and he's getting the matchups we like, he could be All-American. Defensively, we got some real studs, Frost even said we may have the best safety class in the nation. Numbers probably won't show it but it's top 5 for sure.

Cam'Ron Jones
Caleb Tannor
Will Honas
Miles Jones
Tate Wildeman
Greg Bell

Found myself thinking in a similar vein with offensive guys. It's tough because super 6 could be immediate impact or long term production (or both). if Dixon was considered a part of this class i would include him, but he's not.

Honas (hitter - starter imo)
Tannor (athlete like Guy Thomas for that needed pass rush)
C. Jones (hitter)
D. Williams (versatile)
M. Jones (versatile speedster, going to get touches)
Washington

sleeper: wildeman, huge upside and frame.

I think Washington's potential and athletic ability are through the roof. he's more a long term career production for me, because I feel like Bell will be more immediate impact day one (as the starter). Touches will be at a premium within the offense, since they are spread around. I think the versatility of Miles Jones will make him a big factor throughout his career (i imagine Spielman, maybe Lindsay, on the current roster too).

I made this twice, then saw the quotes above and it was too close so i remade it :Rolf:

Funny you mention Ameer. I doubt he would have made any Super Six list in his recruitment class. Yet no one had the impact in his class that he did.

On how people look now, most everyone agrees pretty much with the consensus. I suspect that our judgment may be based on some schemes that won't be the predominant ones in next Fall's offense and defense, although I think most of those six guys can play on any offense or defense. It's really a good crop.

Cam'Ron Jones
Caleb Tannor
Will Honas
Miles Jones
Tate Wildeman
Greg Bell
I like Jones. I think that kid is going to be a stud.
Cam'Ron Jones
Will Honas
Cam Jurgens (as a DE)
Caleb Tannor
Adrian Martinez
Greg Bell

Last edited by a moderator:
Honas
Tannor
C Jones
Jurgens
Wildeman
CJ Smith

Honas looks like an all BIG LB to me. DBs and WRs could play early and often. Will be growing pains, but it will pay off big down the road.

I think these coaches would probably kick a kid off the team if they tried to pull the same thing. They're not gonna put up with that.
Would agree... establish your culture early and often, no matter the caliber of player. We will see a couple kids leave that we don't want to, but in the long run it will be a positive.

1. Honas (I think he starts over Young)
2. A. Mart (I think he starts immediately)
3. Tannor (may not start right away, but will be in on 3rd and long)
4. Jurgens (I think he’s better suited for defense)
5. Williams Safety
6. Wildeman u
No way to the bolded. I think Tristin is going to light it up this year and next.

I agree Gebbia is slight, but Milton at UCF wasn't exactly a tank. He' listed on their roster as 5'11" and 170lbs. I think Gebbia has a lot of potential in this offense and it would be hard to convince me a guy who is pretty mobile, accurate, and a driven work ethic is gonna be beat out easily by a kid who took a year off because of injury and just stepped on a college campus. If Martinez does it, that would be a great sign of his abilities, but my guess is Gebbia will be the man next year.

Could very well be. And he seems like a great kid. Definitely a hard worker with talent. He seems a little more slight than Milton but maybe they'll get more pounds of muscle on him. Taller and skinnier than Milton I believe. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back