• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why I don't believe in "The Frost Effect"

I'd like to see a link or some quote where someone said his presence was causing a wave of winning. I never saw anything that equated "Frost Effect" to a mystical wave of success in other programs.

His success at UCF most certainly had an effect on recruiting, but outside of that I don't think there was any trickle-down Frostness.

This was after a quick search for the term.

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.p...hing-is-the-frost-effect.101881/#post-3398268

...and this was the one I had in mind when I made this thread.

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/the-frost-tsunami-effect.101499/

i think the mere fact that Miles team has finally stabilized, from all the transfers and injuries, and is now now playing low turnover BB, .... those are some of the bigger reasons for their success. ALSO, Mr Moos is certainly a better AD to have behind you, than the previous one.

I want Frost to make a WWE entrance at a basketball game with 5 minutes left. Lights go low, then red fireworks! The other team is obviously distracted. He distracts the ref as he paces around the court. Huskers go on a 20 point run and get the win.
That's the Frost effect.

...Positive attitudes are contagious...:Cool:

Definitely!

But I think the guy who would quickly dismiss "the Frost effect" would be Scott himself. He knows the work it takes to win. He knows there is no magical formula beyond decent players, competent coaches, and buckets full of sweat equity.

Last edited:
It's not silly, it's a fact. Positivity is contagious. And football is the flagship sport of the university. I'm not going to claim it's a huge effect, but the optimism and positivity Frost has brought has affected the entire state in a good way. It's certainly a positive factor for the other sports as well.

What's silly is to define your opinion as fact

It's not silly, it's a fact. Positivity is contagious. And football is the flagship sport of the university. I'm not going to claim it's a huge effect, but the optimism and positivity Frost has brought has affected the entire state in a good way. It's certainly a positive factor for the other sports as well.
Someone has had too much kool-aid

I was skeptical about a new AD making that big of a difference but Moos has really surprised me. I thought it was sour grapes on Bo's part to call out the previous AD, but he must have had legimite points. Our athletic department is on another level right now

I think djhuskerfan is heading towards the point that I would like to make ...

... that it is more likely a "Moos" effect. Coaches not having to look over their shoulder worrying about the boss & focusing exclusively on their team might be an enhancement for all concerned.

Maybe. if coaches are relaxed and not conveying any 'organizational' anxieties to their teams may to some 'small' degree translate in how their team's perform.

Its the Moos effect, if you will. Not so much a magic effect, but a leader that has goals in mind and brings his people along with him. I remember reading in an article from his early days on the job that his previous employees sing his praises for being clear and open with his intentions and expectations. This puts them in the right mental place to let loose and perform without wondering, and without interference.

What do you all think?
This

Bill Moos is desirous of raising the temperature of the AD and associated sports. Scott Frost is a hot thermometer. When Bill Moos placed Scott Frost in the AD water, he raised the temperature simply by checking it.

To attribute the volleyball, basketball, bowling or any other teams success with Bill Moos or Scott Frost is simply foolishness. The success of these teams moving forward will have something to do with Moos, if he doesn't retire sooner than the amount of time it will take him to have a real effect. Frost won't matter to any program but football.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing about the Men's BB. There may be some excitement carryover from Frost hire but I think it has more to do with whatever Moos is doing. Maybe the threat of being fired!!?

That's more along the lines of what I said. I think Moos gives them clear direction and understanding of what is expected and stays out of their way. I think that helped, but I also said that those two coaches in particular amd their players are winning on their own merits.

I don't know if you're directing these at me, but they're mostly arguing the same point I was making.

I also probably didn't make it clear enough that I've only seen reference to the "Frost Effect on here a small amount, but that its common on Twitter for people to attribute BBall success to it.
My first post was in response to the OP. My second was in response to Nemesis.

Whatever it is, the "Frost Effect" or the "Moos Effect," Astrology, or whatever, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back