• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why I don't believe in "The Frost Effect"

carrythatweight

Recruit
2 Year Member
I've seen TONS of momentum on this notion of the so-called "Frost Effect" on the board a bit, but mostly from the Twitter crowd. The idea that Coach Frost's presence is causing a wave of winning throughout the Athletic Department, whether by sudden motivation, magic or some kind of force. I don't buy into it much, and I have two reasons why.

To start, Tim Miles is the coach of the Men's Basketball team. Amy Williams is the Women's BBall coach. The other sports(wrestling, gymnastics, etc) seeing success currently have their own coaches. I don't see how they could possibly be sudden superstars because a coach of a different sport came in the building. They put their teams together and are having success on their own merits.

The reason I think the next step has been taken primarily in the BBall squads, at least this year is summed up in this article.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-bill-moos-effect-2018

Its the Moos effect, if you will. Not so much a magic effect, but a leader that has goals in mind and brings his people along with him. I remember reading in an article from his early days on the job that his previous employees sing his praises for being clear and open with his intentions and expectations. This puts them in the right mental place to let loose and perform without wondering, and without interference.

What do you all think?

The notion that Frost's presence somehow has an effect on the other teams is silly, though I dont recall anyone around here claiming that.

The idea that having a clear and supportive AD would have a positive effect on the athletic department in general seems obvious. I dont know if that can be attributed to the BBall team's success, but it cant hurt.

The notion that Frost's presence somehow has an effect on the other teams is silly, though I dont recall anyone around here claiming that.
It's not silly, it's a fact. Positivity is contagious. And football is the flagship sport of the university. I'm not going to claim it's a huge effect, but the optimism and positivity Frost has brought has affected the entire state in a good way. It's certainly a positive factor for the other sports as well.

It's not silly, it's a fact. Positivity is contagious. And football is the flagship sport of the university. I'm not going to claim it's a huge effect, but the optimism and positivity Frost has brought has affected the entire state in a good way. It's certainly a positive factor for the other sports as well.
Do you really think the guys on the NU Basketball team are caught up with whats going on in the football program?

If Scott's mere presence on campus results in more successful play from the rest of our sports teams, we need to give him a raise already.

Its kind of unfair to the athletes to attribute their successes to the hiring of a coach in a completely different sport.

The suggestion that Frost has anything at all to do with the basketball teams is silly. The coaches and players are responsible for their own seasons. A competent AD maybe could have made things a bit more comfortable for the coaches, but Moos isn't the reason for these turnarounds either. If Miles were 7-18 right now, he would be the coach the last joker hired and Moos would need to unload dead weight. Credit where it's due: Coaches and players.

The suggestion that Frost has anything at all to do with the basketball teams is silly. The coaches and players are responsible for their own seasons. A competent AD maybe could have made things a bit more comfortable for the coaches, but Moos isn't the reason for these turnarounds either. If Miles were 7-18 right now, he would be the coach the last joker hired and Moos would need to unload dead weight. Credit where it's due: Coaches and players.

That's more along the lines of what I said. I think Moos gives them clear direction and understanding of what is expected and stays out of their way. I think that helped, but I also said that those two coaches in particular amd their players are winning on their own merits.

The idea that having a clear and supportive AD would have a positive effect on the athletic department in general seems obvious. I dont know if that can be attributed to the BBall team's success, but it cant hurt.

Do you really think the guys on the NU Basketball team are caught up with whats going on in the football program?

If Scott's mere presence on campus results in more successful play from the rest of our sports teams, we need to give him a raise already.

Its kind of unfair to the athletes to attribute their successes to the hiring of a coach in a completely different sport.

I don't know if you're directing these at me, but they're mostly arguing the same point I was making.

I also probably didn't make it clear enough that I've only seen reference to the "Frost Effect on here a small amount, but that its common on Twitter for people to attribute BBall success to it.

I've seen TONS of momentum on this notion of the so-called "Frost Effect" on the board a bit, but mostly from the Twitter crowd. The idea that Coach Frost's presence is causing a wave of winning throughout the Athletic Department, whether by sudden motivation, magic or some kind of force. I don't buy into it much, and I have two reasons why.

To start, Tim Miles is the coach of the Men's Basketball team. Amy Williams is the Women's BBall coach. The other sports(wrestling, gymnastics, etc) seeing success currently have their own coaches. I don't see how they could possibly be sudden superstars because a coach of a different sport came in the building. They put their teams together and are having success on their own merits.

The reason I think the next step has been taken primarily in the BBall squads, at least this year is summed up in this article.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-bill-moos-effect-2018

Its the Moos effect, if you will. Not so much a magic effect, but a leader that has goals in mind and brings his people along with him. I remember reading in an article from his early days on the job that his previous employees sing his praises for being clear and open with his intentions and expectations. This puts them in the right mental place to let loose and perform without wondering, and without interference.

What do you all think?
I'd like to see a link or some quote where someone said his presence was causing a wave of winning. I never saw anything that equated "Frost Effect" to a mystical wave of success in other programs.

His success at UCF most certainly had an effect on recruiting, but outside of that I don't think there was any trickle-down Frostness.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back