• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What’s Your Super Six?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolded - Frost has shown he is ready to implement at the get go. Martinez has all of the tools. No other QB on the roster has that. Gebbia has a hell of an arm, but he is slight as far as being able to carry the ball over a season. O'Brien can run and is durable, but I doubt he has the speed and touch on his passes that Martinez has.

I agree Gebbia is slight, but Milton at UCF wasn't exactly a tank. He' listed on their roster as 5'11" and 170lbs. I think Gebbia has a lot of potential in this offense and it would be hard to convince me a guy who is pretty mobile, accurate, and a driven work ethic is gonna be beat out easily by a kid who took a year off because of injury and just stepped on a college campus. If Martinez does it, that would be a great sign of his abilities, but my guess is Gebbia will be the man next year.

Last edited:
I agree Gebbia is slight, but Milton at UCF wasn't exactly a tank. He' listed on their roster as 5'11" and 170lbs. I think Gebbia has a lot of potential in this offense and it would be hard to convince me a guy who is pretty mobile, accurate, and a driven work ethic is gonna be beat out easily by a kid who took a year off because of injury and just stepped on a college campus. If Martinez does it, that would be a great sign of his abilities, but my guess is Gebbia will be the man next year.
I would agree but I am also curious about POB and what he might look like in this offense. i see him as more of a Brook Berringer type. Where as i see AMart as a TFraz type.

My Super Six ... going 50/50 on offense and defense. Expect Honas to have an immediate impact this fall too.

1. RB Maurice Washington
2. QB Adrian Martinez
3. ILB Will Honas
4. OLB Caleb Tannor
5. S Cam’ron Jones
6. TE Cameron Jurgens

Sleeper Miles Jones.

My question is 'who does not' redshirt this fall? ...

GBR!

A lot of the super six picks I see are weighed towards definitive guys.

Thoughts on if that means most people like what we have on offense already?
My opinion on that, we need better players on defense, and this offense makes it so just a really fast guy can be electric for us. A guy like Woodyard didn't make my Super 6, but let's say he is our #3 option and he's getting the matchups we like, he could be All-American. Defensively, we got some real studs, Frost even said we may have the best safety class in the nation. Numbers probably won't show it but it's top 5 for sure.

Washington is a sink or swim kid in my opinion, if it was all about football ability he's #1.

Gotcha. Well let's hope the academic hurdles get cleared, and he doesn't have any issues that would prevent him from getting on the field. Him in any offense, but especially this one, is something to get excited about.

I've noticed that Wildeman is a sleeper pick for a lot of people. Is that because of his talent or that it's a position of need? Or both?

Gotcha. Well let's hope the academic hurdles get cleared, and he doesn't have any issues that would prevent him from getting on the field. Him in any offense, but especially this one, is something to get excited about.

I've noticed that Wildeman is a sleeper pick for a lot of people. Is that because of his talent or that it's a position of need? Or both?
I would say Washington could very easily be compared to Jordan Stevenson, which scares me.

Wildeman is at a position of need and had a really good senior campaign. And he has a motor I really like, which is huge on the DL. He's better than Ben Stille, but their motors are the same. My opinion of course.

I would say Washington could very easily be compared to Jordan Stevenson, which scares me.

Wildeman is at a position of need and had a really good senior campaign. And he has a motor I really like, which is huge on the DL. He's better than Ben Stille, but their motors are the same. My opinion of course.

The thing that has me really excited is there are a lot of versatile pieces in this class, and I think this staff has shown the ability to move players in spots where they have the best chance to succeed.

Odds are that situation turns out better then. Mainly by the low bar Stevenson set, but still. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back