• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaches talk about new RB's

I especially liked the part where he said he wants to get his RBs conditioned to run 100mph. RBs didn't do sprints while Riley was here.

Man, if this doesn't get you excited about football, you might have to go see a doctor:

"This system on both sides of the ball allows for guys to play early," Held said. "We're going to try to do as much as we can to create competition at each spot."

Walters believes this offense is best offensive system he's been part of as a player and a coach.

"In terms of attacking defenses," Walters said. "Our No. 1 priority is to put the stress on the defense. We do that a number of different ways with our tempo, formations, our personnel. We're trying to get athletes to create mismatches against the defense and we do that a number of different ways. The (coaches), we come together, we put a great game plan together. We all have different ideas. Every week we put in a new game plan that has different wrinkles.

"And we allow the kids to go out and play, and have fun. We want to have fun in this offense."

"The (coaches),come together, we put a great game plan together. We all have different ideas. Every week we put in a new game plan that has different wrinkles.

"And we allow the kids to go out and play, and have fun. We want to have fun in this offense.

Sounds like the coaches have fun game planning too. How much fun would it be to have all those weapons, and fewer constraints on how they should be used? It challenges the coaches to be creative as well.

Last edited:

A great runningback always is great because they do things for positive results regardless how its supposed to work. I don't remember any great runningback that wasn't an absolute stud athlete.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back