• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moe Iba Had Better Offensive Acumen

tenor.gif

Hey @Fromunda Cheese I have good news! The Huskers won last night! They won despite scoring only 60 points by continuing to play stifling defense. The team they played, Rutgers, ranks 8th in scoring defense.

I just went back and looked at preseason conference rankings. Nobody had us higher than 11, some had us dead last.

Yet here we are, despite that mediocre offense that you love to complain about, at 15-8, 6-4 in conference, currently ranked 5th in the conference standings, and with a legitimate shot at making the NCAAs.

I know that you have a deep-seated hatred for Miles. I get it. But look, you purport to be a fan of Nebraska basketball. How about you start acting like one, and celebrating the fact that this team is far outpacing everybody's expectations?

Last edited:

If the HUSKERS had a good offense they would have won by 20. They would have built on those 7 & 8 point leads. I'm sure they would have beaten PSU & OSU with a better offense.

The defense is good and is what keeps them in the games enough to win.

If the HUSKERS had a good offense they would have won by 20. They would have built on those 7 & 8 point leads. I'm sure they would have beaten PSU & OSU with a better offense.

That PSU game really hurts as it is the only loss to a team underneath us in the standings...but those things happen in college basketball. If we can keep grinding out wins against the teams we should beat...we will be okay. If.

If we had a better team we'd win more games. I thought of that myself:Corn2:

Admittingly I have only watched four games. But balanced effective offense was part of each game i saw. Maybe not the whole night, but it wasn't terrible.

Admittingly I have only watched four games. But balanced effective offense was part of each game i saw. Maybe not the whole night, but it wasn't terrible.

I guess you're right. It was a good thing the whole rest of the team was balanced enough to score 25, while Palmer scored 34 against osu. I see your point.

I guess you're right. It was a good thing the whole rest of the team was balanced enough to score 25, while Palmer scored 34 against osu. I see your point.
Nope. I called out the team for not being balanced in the OSU game in a different thread. I didn't say they were balanced every night. OSU game was bad offense for Huskers. Very bad. But hasn't been that way every game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back