• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they have a choice. But I am pleased to see the staff checking ahead and creatively maximizing their available OV’s.
It's pretty critical this year since 26 of the 62 OVs NU has were used by Riley's staff. Plus, any OVs for the spring game have to come from those 62 as well. They may not have any left for spring OVs. Depending on who commits and when, they may be able to hold on to a couple. We will just have to see how this plays out.

I get there is good rationale for limiting the number of OVs but maybe there should be an additional 5-7 for schools that experience coaching changes. Riley used a bunch of OVs on guys Frost and Co. had no interest in.

I get there is good rationale for limiting the number of OVs but maybe there should be an additional 5-7 for schools that experience coaching changes. Riley used a bunch of OVs on guys Frost and Co. had no interest in.
In order for NU to get extra visits because of how many Riley used, Riley would have had to use 75% of the OVs for this academic year. He only used 46% of the orginal 56 OVs for the academic year, but NU received another 6 to use (which is the maximum to receive) since since Riley had unused visits for the prior academic year.

The easiest thing to do in the spring would be for the NCAA to allow 2018 recruits who haven't signed yet, still count toward this year's OVs if there are some unused and allow the 2019 recruits to count toward the next year.

In order for NU to get extra visits because of how many Riley used, Riley would have had to use 75% of the OVs for this academic year. He only used 46% of the orginal 56 OVs for the academic year, but NU received another 6 to use (which is the maximum to receive) since since Riley had unused visits for the prior academic year.

The easiest thing to do in the spring would be for the NCAA to allow 2018 recruits who haven't signed yet, still count toward this year's OVs if there are some unused and allow the 2019 recruits to count toward the next year.
NCAA only changes the rules when Penn State benefits!

Don't pretend they are gonna make sure these kids are some kind of school valedictorian. They just want to make sure they get admitted. Let's not kid ourselves.
That is all that is demanded of any college football program

It's pretty critical this year since 26 of the 62 OVs NU has were used by Riley's staff. Plus, any OVs for the spring game have to come from those 62 as well. They may not have any left for spring OVs. Depending on who commits and when, they may be able to hold on to a couple. We will just have to see how this plays out.

Can someone re-explain the OV number rules and when that number resets. I’m confused. Thanks

Can someone re-explain the OV number rules and when that number resets. I’m confused. Thanks
Each year, a school gets 56 OVs for that academic year.

During the academic year 2016-2017, Riley used 50 OVs. The NCAA allows 6 extra OVs to be added to the following academic year....in this case, 2017-2018. Fortunately, this year, NU gets to add those 6.

Now, this academic year, NU gets 62 OVs. Riley used 26 OVs. If Riley would have used 75% or more, Frost would have received up to 25% more.

Since Riley only used 46% if this academic year's OVs, Frost doesn't receive any extra. That leaves Frost with 36. Before the dead period, Frost used 14. That means there are 22 OVs left for 2017-2018 academic year.

If a recruit comes for an OV during the spring since that is now allowed, those are part of this academic year's numbers. Therefore, if Frost wanted to bring some 2019 recruits in, they would have to be part of the 22 that have not been used. As of now, 8 are coming this weekend, leaving 14 left for the rest of the month and then in the spring.

With the OVs scheduled moving forward, there are 5 that are left to be scheduled.

The "2018 Official Visits" thread and the "Frost and Staff Have Closed..." have links to the NCAA websites explaining most of this on the original post. I'm on my cell or I would link them here.

Almost expected when a kid has attended 3 different high schools in two different states.

The staff is going to go visit him next week and if his transcripts are good enough to get admitted, they'll have him OV the 19th. If they don't think he can get in, look for them to transition to Henry and lock him down.

You may have stated an answer to this question elsewhere amidst the Recruiting forum and if so, I apologize in advance - do you have a significant preference between Washington, Jones or Henry to round out this class? The ship appears to have sailed on Corbin, especially with an apparent focus on these 3 guys, I am curious your opinion here.

Honestly, I would not be disappointed if Nebraska took two of them, and if those two happened to be Jones and Henry I would be perfectly fine with that.

You may have stated an answer to this question elsewhere amidst the Recruiting forum and if so, I apologize in advance - do you have a significant preference between Washington, Jones or Henry to round out this class? The ship appears to have sailed on Corbin, especially with an apparent focus on these 3 guys, I am curious your opinion here.

Honestly, I would not be disappointed if Nebraska took two of them, and if those two happened to be Jones and Henry I would be perfectly fine with that.
1. Washington 2. Taz

Jones is a hybrid guy who can go out to the slot

Last edited:

1. Washington 2. Taz

Jones is a hybrid guy who can go out to the slot

I do get the love for Washington, trust me - kid showed up when the stage lights were bright. There is something about Washington though that I am struggling with, and I probably prefer him over Henry, but I like Jones quite a bit.

To me there isn't a ton of difference in these guys, but I could probably be persuaded otherwise.

I think Washington is the best of the bunch. I think Miles Jones is a very good schematic fit, he can play in the slot and even in the backfield getting carries. Henry is a good fit as well, but below Washington on the RB preference. If they can get Washington and Miles, they'd be ecstatic IMO. Both are four-star talents IMPO. I'd be interested to see if they took Henry as well if they got the other two. With the needs and interest they have at other spots from other talented prospects, my initial opinion is no. But I could see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back