• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New version of a triple option

Remember the bubble screen RPO that Northern Illinois took to the house? What if there was the bubble screen then a zone read?

Take a look, the OLB taking away the bubble, so Milton then looks down at the 3-4 DE who stays and he hands off to the RB. Throw the bubble, keep the ball, hand it off. If he keeps it he can still throw the bubble, so technically 4 options.

This is going to be fun.

Haha ***, you are having a little fun with this, aren't you!!!

Keep bringing it brother, we are too. It's so exciting having some creative offensive minds on board again. The players seem to be having an absolute blast running this offense, too.

Our linemen are going to be wearing track shoes getting ready for this season. I doubt we'll see too many of the big belly's hanging over their belts!

Merry Frostmas!

:Cheers: :Corn2::Huskerflag:

Last edited:

Freaking innovative. Off the top of your head, does anyone else run stuff to this level?
Oregon was there, but Scott got handcuffed a bit by Helfrich which he didn't like so couldn't go full sandbox like he is. This is a Baylor concept, and Memphis was running the same plays against them. But that second one I posted is freaking innovative.

Pelini was so freaked out by jet motion he blitzed the corner when he saw that motion. What if we faked it like this one I already posted so Pelini blitzed the corner, then stopped, then came back towards him? So out of place.

Haha ***, you are having a little fun with this, aren't you!!!

Keep bringing it brother, we are too. It's so exciting having some creative offensive minds on board again. The players seem to be having an absolute blast running this offense, too.

Our linemen are going to be wearing track shoes getting ready for this season. I doubt we'll see too many of the big belly's hanging over their belts!

Merry Frostmas!

:Cheers: :Corn2::Huskerflag:
It's just going to be fun to try to put ourselves in favorable situations and attack a weakness or less numbers. I am one of those people that think with good coaching our OL should be able to just push Northern Illinois out of the way, but Frost takes our advantage to a different level with things like this.

Oregon was there, but Scott got handcuffed a bit by Helfrich which he didn't like so couldn't go full sandbox like he is. This is a Baylor concept, and Memphis was running the same plays against them. But that second one I posted is freaking innovative.

Pelini was so freaked out by jet motion he blitzed the corner when he saw that motion. What if we faked it like this one I already posted so Pelini blitzed the corner, then stopped, then came back towards him? So out of place.

Between this and some of the other videos you posted showing the different OL schemes, I can't imagine many other teams have this level of creativity. Doing it at UCF I'd necessity. Doing it at a place with better talent is dangerous.

It's just going to be fun to try to put ourselves in favorable situations and attack a weakness or less numbers. I am one of those people that think with good coaching our OL should be able to just push Northern Illinois out of the way, but Frost takes our advantage to a different level with things like this.

Agree. Improve what you have, and improve the way they are used. Leverage...

With the fast pace, depth has to be important, too, especially with the big boys. Fortunately, if Scott designs practices like it sounds like he will, everyone is getting reps - so they all stay in game shape and game readiness.

This is a variation we may not be able to have in year 1 (if you saw my stats from how the offense struggled year 1 for Scott). But take a look at this play. Pretty sweet.

I remember this one but didn't catch the tackle pulling. I really think he is so good at self scouting that he can really make use of his best trait which is the timing he has calling plays. That throwback screen against USF to go up 42 -35 is a perfect example.

Starts at ~ 5:20

Gonna be a lot of diabetes with this much Kool aid being consumed on this board.;)
tenor.gif

What's old is new again. Double wing teams have done some similar things (this would be "Rip Stop" motion). There are a couple of differences here: UCF does this out of a shotgun spread formation, and they add in the initial motion across the field.

They're taking a concept that already required a defense to play soundly, and they've added additional challenges due to all the different things they can do with the same look.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back