• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JUCO QB Terry Wilson to visit week of 11 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma kid, past NU commit, past Oregon enrollee, now JUCO QB in KS.

Not ruling out current QBs, but I think SFs offense would be better served by a DT guy. Gebbia, POB, TL, in that order, might fit the bill, but this guy may be a quicker fix.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terry-Wilson-57500
Frost is aware of him for sure from his commitment to Oregon. You also have Darlinton and grad transfers if you want them, but hopefully Frost knows about Jace Ruder down in Kansas if he gets the job.

Of note: He committed to Oregon after us when Frost was the Offensive Coordinator. Well Frost recruited him anyways. He visited Oregon in September and committed that same weekend while Frost left for UCF in December. So they are well connected.

If anything it will be interesting to see what happens. Personally I think we are best suited to stick with Lee in 2018 and then see what happens after that. I also have a lot of faith in Gebbia and he can be mobile if he has to be. I like POB a lot too, but he and Lee seem like the least fit for a spread type offense and he's behind Lee.

Last edited:
Whoever can consistently make the quick throws to receivers in space will win whether that is a frosh, transfer or veteran. It would be nice to find a guy who can scramble (even if not well) as it can negate or just give us a chance on some busted offensive plays as we transition systems.

Frost is aware of him for sure from his commitment to Oregon. You also have Darlinton and grad transfers if you want them, but hopefully Frost knows about Jace Ruder down in Kansas if he gets the job.
I'm guessing there will be no shortage of fans dropping Jace Ruder knowledge on Frost the second he gets hired. That's an aspect of his job I certainly won't envy.

Of note: He committed to Oregon after us when Frost was the Offensive Coordinator. Well Frost recruited him anyways. He visited Oregon in September and committed that same weekend while Frost left for UCF in December. So they are well connected.

If anything it will be interesting to see what happens. Personally I think we are best suited to stick with Lee in 2018 and then see what happens after that. I also have a lot of faith in Gebbia and he can be mobile if he has to be. I like POB a lot too, but he and Lee seem like the least fit for a spread type offense and he's behind Lee.

I'm concerned Lee limits SFs offense a bit. It's not that we don't call runs for him, it's that he doesn't seem to want to run at all. With our roster as it is now, I think POB or Gebbia (or Darlington) are better suited to give Frost more of his playbook. Entirely possible Wilson can't make enough throws, but SF probably knows the kid's abilities and limitations better than most. Will be tell tale if he doesn't try for him at all.

Possible MR and DLs biggest personnel mistake was not getting a JUCO or grad transfer QB in year 1 or 2. Could have divided the locker room, yes, but too much was asked of TA in the passing game. I'd rather not see the square peg in a round offense again.

I'm concerned Lee limits SFs offense a bit. It's not that we don't call runs for him, it's that he doesn't seem to want to run at all. With our roster as it is now, I think POB or Gebbia (or Darlington) are better suited to give Frost more of his playbook. Entirely possible Wilson can't make enough throws, but SF probably knows the kid's abilities and limitations better than most. Will be tell tale if he doesn't try for him at all.

Possible MR and DLs biggest personnel mistake was not getting a JUCO or grad transfer QB in year 1 or 2. Could have divided the locker room, yes, but too much was asked of TA in the passing game. I'd rather not see the square peg in a round offense again.

I tend to think Lee is least viable choice in Frost's offense. His lack of mobility is just too much of a limitation. I think there's adaptability in that offense but that's a lot of the playbook to leave on the shelf because it's not just the rushing yardage but the options in the offense predicated on that run threat.

Don’t think Darlington will not play qb at NU.

There are snap holding responsibilities to consider here too....

Speaking of that. Darlington missed the Purdue game, did not travel with the team, because he was sick. Then I noticed the following week he was not holding for extra points then either. Thought it was odd being sick two weeks in a row. Then I looked at the participation chart from the Minnesota game and saw he was not listed again. Armstrong has been holding, and I see he is on the participation chart for Minnesota.

So wonder what has kept Darlington out for 3 weeks, and no one has mentioned anything. At least I haven't seen anything.

Speaking of that. Darlington missed the Purdue game, did not travel with the team, because he was sick. Then I noticed the following week he was not holding for extra points then either. Thought it was odd being sick two weeks in a row. Then I looked at the participation chart from the Minnesota game and saw he was not listed again. Armstrong has been holding, and I see he is on the participation chart for Minnesota.

So wonder what has kept Darlington out for 3 weeks, and no one has mentioned anything. At least I haven't seen anything.
All that has been mentioned is he was out with an illness the last three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back