• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked In-state guys for the new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

That and moving Darlington back to QB ;)

Not an in state player, but definitely has Husker connections. Joe Burrow, grad transfer? Pure rumor from a friend that he could possibly be on track to graduate summer '18. No idea if he would want to transfer, but if so, would have two years eligibility. Maybe I'm just dreaming......

Not an in state player, but definitely has Husker connections. Joe Burrow, grad transfer? Pure rumor from a friend that he could possibly be on track to graduate summer '18. No idea if he would want to transfer, but if so, would have two years eligibility. Maybe I'm just dreaming......
Forgot about him! I like it!

From the Ohio State fans I've heard from, it appears that Haskins is next in line (which as a Maryland resident I am happy he's going to start since he spurned the Terps). They are also saying that Martell will probably be the backup as the coaches are raving about him.

Joe Burrow is a stud and could start for a lot of teams. I didnt know he had a chance to graduate early, but it appears that might be in his best interest.

Yeah, but could Frost give him an example of a QB who transferred and was able to have success after initially spurring that exact school they would be transferring to?!?! This isn't as simple as R. Wilson switching conferences.

:Sarcastic:

How many years of eligibility does he have left at this point in his college career? And who, is really going to take that chance on him? It was definitely one of the classiest things that Pelini did, honoring his scholarship offer. I'm pretty certain that he wont see the field as a QB again, definitely not in a Husker uni.

I would think there's a decent chance. It's all speculation, and who knows who we keep from the current staff (if anyone). What if Keith Williams or Donte Williams is retained? What about Parrella? You would have to think that they could keep one or two of their current commits.

JMPO, but if those three coaches are retained, which I think they should be, then you keep most of this class in tact.

Actually that's a pretty good point. And that's a lot of our high profile guys too.

I'd actually be a little surprised if Frost didn't keep a guy or two off this staff. We've talked a little before about how difficult it might be to find a spot for Keith Williams since Frosts OC also coaches the WRs, but Donte and Parrella make a lot of sense. Neither are Riley guys and both bring a lot to the table.

Those two could get Frost up to speed a bit on the current personnel, their recruiting needs and their board overall, some of the younger guys possibly redshirting who they have high expectations for. That sort of stuff.

I'd actually be a little surprised if Frost didn't keep a guy or two off this staff. We've talked a little before about how difficult it might be to find a spot for Keith Williams since Frosts OC also coaches the WRs, but Donte and Parrella make a lot of sense. Neither are Riley guys and both bring a lot to the table.

Those two could get Frost up to speed a bit on the current personnel, their recruiting needs and their board overall, some of the younger guys possibly redshirting who they have high expectations for. That sort of stuff.
It's interesting, Benning just brought this up today on the radio. Sometimes coaches like to know what personnel is currently on the team, sometimes others like to find out on their own. Banker specifically pointed out Banderas and went back to watch film after seeing him in person because he didn't get how he wasn't dominating with how athletic he is. I do think the continuity thing is a big deal to help with a transition. These kids know things need to change, but some familiarity with one or two people could go a long ways. I think Donte would stay, but would Keith Williams stay in an offense like this? I don't know.

Isn't Keith Williams' son Keyan a Jr? Perhaps K Williams may want to stay a year no matter what the system to finish with his son? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back