• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #2, (W, 86-67) Mon, 11/13 vs North Texas (#299), @ PBA, 7:00 pm CST, BTN Plus

Final Stats:
upload_2017-11-13_20-1-38.png

I haven't gotten to see them play yet. Why is Tshimanga not scoring? Are they working on other things or is he just struggling getting the ball in the basket?

Jordy was banged up tonight. Tried to play thru it but was clearly not 100% after a collsion with a NTU guy. But yes, I thought before then they could have fed the Post more. Has a long way to go when he gets the ball in there. Has no right hand at all, so teams collapse and try to take away his move to the ,egg. He still has no counter. .

Last edited:
I haven't gotten to see them play yet. Why is Tshimanga not scoring? Are they working on other things or is he just struggling getting the ball in the basket?
Tshimanga hasn't looked good yet this year. He's struggling to recover from off-season surgery I think. He's a better option than Okeke or Borchardt, but he's struggling to get to his place on the court and catch the ball on rebounds; basic stuff.

You guys did an excellent job breaking down this game. I only have one thought to add...

A lot of people gave Miles some flak when he added Thor a few months ago, including myself. I believe the prevailing thought at the time was that Miles was reaching. Hey look, it’s way too early to tell if we were wrong. All I know is that when he came in against that zone that was giving us so much trouble, he knew EXCACTLY what to do with the ball. He knew the angle he needed to be at, when and where he needed to get the ball, and the creases he needed to be at when he didn’t have the ball. It’s a small sample size and I’m not going to make any predictions, but that stood out for me. Kid more than likely has a pretty high basketball IQ.

Jordy was banged up tonight. Tried to play thru it but was clearly not 100% after a collsion with a NTU guy. But yes, I thought before then they could have fed the Post more. Has a long way to go when he gets the ball in there. Has no right hand at all, so teams collapse and try to take away his move to the ,egg. He still has no counter. .
Also, our first opponent was really small. A lot of big guys, especially young ones, do not like playing against small lineups. They would much rather bang against another big opponent. Tonight, he scored right away but basically shut it down offensively after that.

You guys did an excellent job breaking down this game. I only have one thought to add...

A lot of people gave Miles some flak when he added Thor a few months ago, including myself. I believe the prevailing thought at the time was that Miles was reaching. Hey look, it’s way too early to tell if we were wrong. All I know is that when he came in against that zone that was giving us so much trouble, he knew EXCACTLY what to do with the ball. He knew the angle he needed to be at, when and where he needed to get the ball, and the creases he needed to be at when he didn’t have the ball. It’s a small sample size and I’m not going to make any predictions, but that stood out for me. Kid more than likely has a pretty high basketball IQ.

I'm anxious to see these guys play, should be able to get to a game soon. I know it is likely too early to tell, but overall, do you guys think the improved athleticism will be enough to help compensate for spacing issues we typically see with Mile's teams? Feels like an odd question to ask, but having the ability to be athletic has a way of mitigating other deficiencies, at least until they learn to play smarter.

I'm anxious to see these guys play, should be able to get to a game soon. I know it is likely too early to tell, but overall, do you guys think the improved athleticism will be enough to help compensate for spacing issues we typically see with Mile's teams? Feels like an odd question to ask, but having the ability to be athletic has a way of mitigating other deficiencies, at least until they learn to play smarter.
The most exciting difference about this team is that they have long arms. :) They are right on the edge of understanding how to really shut down passing lanes, and I thought Miles comments on how the defense needs to roll to the hoop when Okeke goes after a block were true. Many new things for the team to learn.

As far as the spacing problems go, I think that is happening now when they are tired and they don't have Watson in to direct traffic. They stop and watch Palmer or Roby or even McVeigh with the ball instead of flashing to the post or sealing the lane. I think Allen is on his way to being a pretty good backup point, and they have another PG on the way next year. I don't know how this year turns out, but there are things to be positive about.

Loved the comment about Thorir driving against the zone: would add that Johnny Trueblond (who was playing point) faked a three off the kickout, drove the lane and got fouled as the zone tried to flow back to the other side. If the team can see that from the far end of the bench, good things can follow.

Last edited:
The most exciting difference about this team is that they have long arms. :) They are right on the edge of understanding how to really shut down passing lanes, and I thought Miles comments on how the defense needs to roll to the hoop when Okeke goes after a block were true. Many new things for the team to learn.

As far as the spacing problems go, I think that is happening now when they are tired and they don't have Watson in to direct traffic. They stop and watch Palmer or Roby or even McVeigh with the ball instead of flashing to the post or sealing the lane. I think Allen is on his way to being a pretty good backup point, and they have another PG on the way next year. I don't know how this year turns out, but there are things to be positive about.

Loved the comment about Thorir driving against the zone: would add that Johnny Trueblond (who was playing point) faked a three off the kickout, drove the lane and got fouled as the zone tried to flow back to the other side. If the team can see that from the far end of the bench, good things can follow.

Excellent points, and thanks for the info. Your comment about guys watching Palmer and Roby, this is one thing I was hoping we would not see this year, although I more anticpated it would be Watson that guys would stand around and watch.

There are enough new minutes on the floor this season that it will likely take a bit for these guys to learn how to play together, let's hope awareness increases rapidly and limit the standing around. This sounds like a fun team so far - building confidence is essential early on.

Umoja Gibson of North Texas is out for the season due to a broken ankle suffered when trying to box out Jordy on a play.

Sad to learn; I never like to hear about severe injuries to any players. Best Wishes to the young man. :nod:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/11/15/breaking-news-gibson-season
That's really too bad. I was wondering at the time why they were so cautious. Broken ankle can be no big deal to career ending, I'll hope he's able to play again soon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back