• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

I am not comparing Frost and Richt...Sorry I should have clarified that. I am just saying that former players understand more about the program they played for than someone who is walking in blind. There is just a different feeling when a former player becomes apart of the program in a coaching role. Right?

Wearing a coat sucks, but one must weigh that against the chances of getting eaten by a large carnivorous reptile while swimming in your pool.
just keep it well-fed and he'll be fine
giphy.gif

I am not comparing Frost and Richt...Sorry I should have clarified that. I am just saying that former players understand more about the program they played for than someone who is walking in blind. There is just a different feeling when a former player becomes apart of the program in a coaching role. Right?
as many (likely more) "former players" have flopped miserably as have succeeded wildly. it doesn't hurt...but the benefit is greatly overstated.

True, which is probably why Nebraska didn't pull the trigger on frost the first go around. They probably wanted to see how he did in a head coaching position elsewhere because the risk was high (although the risk on Riley was much higher and ultimately cost eichorst his job, talk about irony).

I watched Miami/ND, Bama/Miss St. and WI/IA on Saturday. The thing that stood out to me most was how fast and hard the defense played. Hard meaning hard hits. Has NU had a truly hard hit all year? The defense is so slow since they are all thinking instead of reacting.

If he's trying to maximize his contract and the available money for his staff there would be no reason why he would say no whether he was coming to Nebraska or not. He and his agent are going to pit schools against each other to drive his contract up whether that's Florida against Nebraska or Nebraska against Florida

Exactly.

Frost has demonstrated he has made calculated decisions in his coaching career. The smart move for him is always to keep one's options open, and having a bidding war. Why not?

Someone of "substance" told AD Moos that his evaluation of Coach Riley was over as of Now or Moos was not the man they thought they hired! LOL.
Clearly the main issue for Husker Nation is establishing Hope for the future.
That hope means AD Moos telling Husker Nation that the next two games are Coach Riley's last, and tell us right now, not eleven days from now.
That eleven wait is too much strain for a program that is at its breaking point after these last boat racings, especially by a awful Minnesota team

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back