• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Perfect example of hiring a successful ex player to run a program. Miami was atrocious before Mark Richt was hired and really Nebraska and Miami had a lot of similarities between the two. However, Miami went after there golden boy in Mark Richt after his time at Georgia was done. Look at them now. They are serious contenders for the playoff discussion and are making waves in college football. They have swagger (turnover chain). They are starting to resemble the Miami of the 1980s and early 1990s. What are your thoughts on this? I just find this situation eerily similar to DONU.

Richt was a borderline HoF coach before taking over the Miami job. Frost is having his 1st successful season as a HC. The two can't be compared at this point. Frost may have a bright future, but he's not nearly as sure of a thing as Richt is.

Perfect example of hiring a successful ex player to run a program. Miami was atrocious before Mark Richt was hired and really Nebraska and Miami had a lot of similarities between the two. However, Miami went after there golden boy in Mark Richt after his time at Georgia was done. Look at them now. They are serious contenders for the playoff discussion and are making waves in college football. They have swagger (turnover chain). They are starting to resemble the Miami of the 1980s and early 1990s. What are your thoughts on this? I just find this situation eerily similar to DONU.
Zero % of Miami's success under Richt has anything to do with the fact that he played there. Just sayin.

here are some i've heard
  • doesn't want 1995 LP stories resurfacing
  • we fire coaches too often
  • too many of our players only had 1 or 2 power 5 offers :Facepalm:
  • Nebraska is a barren desert of football talent that can only produce slow, peewee herman like athletes
  • Bill Moos tucks in t-shirts
  • Hank Bounds wears crocs
i probably forgot some

I wiIl say this... Richt was hurt being fired from UGA... he knows he got content and now this new challenge has lit a fire in his belly. He lifts with the team, calls the plays again....is also embracing the "bad boy" persona... at least the characature of it. I am enjoying watching it. I hate the U but they make college football more fun.

the fact that ADBM said that "the evaluation is still ongoing" yesterday is straight-up ridiculous. May have done 1 media engagement too many - if he doesn't want to say its over, he should shut down for 10 days

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back