• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anybody else surprised we're not redshirting anyone?

davidadurNU

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I thought for sure Thor and Nana would both be redshirts. I don't know how we're going to find court time for all of those guys behind Watson, Palmer, Taylor, Allen, Mcveigh, etc.

I guess Miles wants to keep his options open and he knows he has to win at all costs this year with Moos here and having a few bad years strung together.

It's not a bad thing per se, as if things shake out this year, we could use a redshirt for their sophomore years if need be. Just surprised they all got minutes.

They should be redshirting but Miles asked both if it was ok if they redshirted & both said they didn't want to/wouldn't like it so it's kinda on them. Granted, Miles could just straight not play them.

They should be redshirting but Miles asked both if it was ok if they redshirted & both said they didn't want to/wouldn't like it so it's kinda on them. Granted, Miles could just straight not play them.
Generally, that is the approach most coaches use. While they may recommend a redshirt year for some athletes, it is ultimately left to the athlete to make the final decision.

After posting this I saw the game recap from Washut on Rivals and it did state that, and Miles had already addressed it three days ago, so I guess lack of research on my part.

Still, tough sledding for those guys. I mean I'm a little worried about Gill's recovery, seems like he's never been 100% since he stepped on campus. So in the back of your mind if you're Nana you have to think your one injury away from being in the rotation.

Saving the redshirt for the year they transfer.
Damnit I told myself I was going to stay positive this year. Again.
No they are saving the redshirt for the year when they are horribly injured.

Not sure I was able to increase the positivity of this thread...

Outside the occasional blow out, they will not see the floor again this year.

This is my fear for those guys, but their choice in the matter. Nana was the HS shooter this staff was touting last season, I suspect he is confident he can carve out minutes, but those will look even more scarce by conference play if he hasn't found a spot in the rotation by then.

This is my fear for those guys, but their choice in the matter. Nana was the HS shooter this staff was touting last season, I suspect he is confident he can carve out minutes, but those will look even more scarce by conference play if he hasn't found a spot in the rotation by then.
To me, Nana looks less ready to play than Thorir. Thorir does not look ready to play.

I always like watching the bench during games, sometimes you can tell by body language what they might be thinking but these players really look like they are having fun together. it don't look like anyone is pouting or wishing they wasn't there

I always like watching the bench during games, sometimes you can tell by body language what they might be thinking but these players really look like they are having fun together. it don't look like anyone is pouting or wishing they wasn't there
I haven't seen the bench at Nebraska lead a cheer until the "Husker Power" cheer while the refs were working out the technical fouls against Minnesota. I think Johnny Trueblood is there to have fun, and he's accomplishing his goal.

I haven't seen the bench at Nebraska lead a cheer until the "Husker Power" cheer while the refs were working out the technical fouls against Minnesota. I think Johnny Trueblood is there to have fun, and he's accomplishing his goal.
McVeigh looks pretty happy on the bench considering his minutes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back