• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked In-state guys for the new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlager had some hip problems, kept him out of much of the season. His brother is starting safety at CSU, i think he would be a hard flip (unless some kind of coaching change?).

Schlager had some hip problems, kept him out of much of the season. His brother is starting safety at CSU, i think he would be a hard flip (unless some kind of coaching change?).
Thanks for that info. Especially when guys get injured and there's less to evaluate. A new staff needs a highlight film readily available and the ability to evaluate quickly.

Well, this is one of the better threads I've had the pleasure of reading on here the past so many days or weeks, even if it just speculation. It would be nice if we show up the final two weeks of the season and whether or not we win, as long as we don't get that Minnesota style beat down, perhaps we can retain our top recruits that haven't bolted yet.
No problem... and the negative or sad thing is I made this post thinking a coaching change was imminent and that we will lose most of our class. While it will hurt in the short term, long term a smaller class and the new staff getting guys who committed to them will be the most beneficial.

I wouldn't go that far, as we are really young so we have some experience coming back. Also in 2015, Riley was able to bring in Jalin Barnett and Dedrick Young, two highly ranked guys. You also might be able to bring some other recruits that were looking at whoever the coach is at his previous school. UCF has a couple highly ranked defenders committed, but their class isn't spectacular. Missouri still has their top 3 prospects uncommitted, we could flip the top ranked guy in Kansas as he's committed to North Carolina, Iowa's best player is uncommitted. There's a lot of ground to make up but it's possible to still pull out a top 35 class. We just are going to have low numbers for now.

The old, the good news is we have a lot of guys coming back. The bad news is we have a lot of guys coming back, thing.
I used to kid my Oklahoma State brother about that. Years ago.

The old, the good news is we have a lot of guys coming back. The bad news is we have a lot of guys coming back, thing.
I used to kid my Oklahoma State brother about that. Years ago.
lol right... like when Phil Steele states it as a positive when an 0-12 team has a ton of starters returning. New coach needs to set the tone right away, you don't like the way we do things and are satisfied complaining and going .500???

Last edited:
Does anyone have a feel for the team Chemistry and will that be a factor for the new coach like is was when Bo left?

Does anyone have a feel for the team Chemistry and will that be a factor for the new coach like is was when Bo left?
I know nothing, but I'd be shocked if Rileys last talk with the team didn't include "Bill Moos is a good man, give the next staff your best effort, and you have some of the best fans/facilities right here."

TN had 4 guys decommit shortly after Butch Jones was fired. I expect something similar for us. We just have to hope the new coach can either the current class. Or pick up other players that help.

I say this half in jest... so these 4 guys were committed to an absolute dumpster fire, but now that Tennessee has some hope for the future they decide to decommit. :thumbsup:

Who knows what goes on inside the head of a recruit. No one ever said it was logical. One reason I could never recruit. Never for the faint at heart.

Last edited:
Jake ruder?
Norton is 10 minutes from NE. I've heard he's a big Nu fan with big time offers

I say this half in jest... so these 4 guys were committed to an absolute dumpster fire, but now that Tennessee has some hope for the future they decide to decommit. :thumbsup:

It's pretty crappy but I think there have been instances where a new staff comes in and tells guys that are already committed that they aren't interested in keeping them. Harbaugh did it to a couple of kids. The kids need to keep their options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back