• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

I expressly recall all the chatter about tracking TO's plane flights on just the HM alone. Some of it was down right interesting, some of it hysterical, and some of it, had to be just trying to throw people off a bit.
I was following another message board back then and it got pretty crazy. Flight tracker is even better now than back then. Kind of surprising that anyone can have access to that info since 9/11.

i just thought of it, if he was gonna say no. He would have said so publicly by now. Come out in an interview and say I'm not going to Nebraska. He still would have several big name schools to play against one another for a big name job, .. gotta believe he wouldn't want the speculation to continue in his home state. The fact he hasn't said it means he wants it.

It's home. And it's a place where you can win as long as there are competent coaches and administrators in place.

Last edited:
LOL, everyone tracked TO's plane. I'm sure it's archived here. They don't take commercial air for these types of things. They just don't. Again, all flights are easily traceable. That's fairly common knowledge.[/Q

Cool. I just don't remember it. I remember it being pretty much public knowledge that Bo and Turner were the finalists. All flights can be tracked, yes. I never argued otherwise. But a plane registered to the State of Nebraska traveling directly to Orlando at a very bizarre time? You don't think Moos would be just a little more discrete under the circumstances?

I would tend to agree that Moos wouldn't fly commercial for this type of thing, but one rumor has this flight carrying an NU lawyer on his way to negotiate Scott's buyout. That type of guy would fly commercial.

I've called my shot that if Moos and Frost are indeed negotiating, they are going to keep it close to the vest. I don't think the flight is related to the coaching search. You have put yourself out there as Mr. Insider. What's the scoop?

i just thought of it, if he was gonna say no. He would have said so publicly by now. Come out in an interview and say I'm not going to Nebraska. He still would have several big name schools to play against one another for a big name job, .. gotta believe he wouldn't want the speculation to continue in his home state. The fact he hasn't said no means he wants it.

You sound like a predator.

Agents can negotiate just fine over the phone and fax.

I'm guessing the first shot was a phone call, but I'm not committing to anything that's this big a change without a face to face sit down and a hand shake. I don't think Moos is that guy either.

On the OP, I got a kick out of it because it reminded me of living in Bellevue as a kid and watching the 'Santa Claus' tracker Offutt AFB did with the local TV stations.

Last edited:

You sound really bitter when you post garbage like this. I'm sure you probably meant it in jest and was trying to be funny..... It's not funny however.

We all essentially agree, that Riley needs to either step down(be allowed to) that would be the classy thing, or to be outright fired after the Iowa game. But as has been noted many times before, you are absolutely giddy that we are 4 - 6. And whether or not that you say that you are not giddy, post after post of yours, comes off that way.
No not giddy at all. I hate that the Cornhuskers suck, you should also. I'm giddy that NU is getting a new coach, finally, after 3 brutal, lonnnnnnnnng, years.

Assuming he's offered it's probably his best opportunity to become a living legend by saving the program in his home state. SF can raise his family in a great place and enjoy a long career as Nebraska's HC if he choses to do so. If he comes to Lincoln it's not just about the money IMO as this is really his home.

The NU program will officially hit rock bottom - if Frost says NO THANKS.

If he said no, Moos would look for another quality candidate. Of course most would be disappointed, but I think it would be short lived once a new coach was in place, and the work of rebuilding an identity began.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back