• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I dearly miss...

Oracle of Lincoln

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
the runaway HYPE for a program that has been stuck in neutral for the past 15 years.

Unequivocal buy-in for a QB that hasn't proven anything of substance at a P5 school.

The unbridled enthusiasm for a 18 year old high school superstar deciding to matriculate at NU and his impending stardom.

Thankfully the wait is almost over. Just a couple more weeks and a new hire away. Then, we can start anew. Can't happen soon enough. I know I will sleep better once things are back to normal.
:Balloons:

Last edited:

the runaway hype for a program that has been stuck in neutral for the past 15 years.

Unequivocal buy-in for a QB that hasn't proven anything of substance at a P5 school.

The unbridled enthusiasm for a 18 year old high school superstar deciding to matriculate at NU and his impending stardom.

Thankfully the wait is almost over. Just a couple more weeks and a new hire away. Then, we can start anew. Can't happen soon enough. I know I will sleep better once things are back to normal.
:Balloons:
I can assure you, that someone somehow is going to pay for that big lie. He is clearly not NFL ready. He wont even pick up a free agent contract.. NFL would cut a QB with 13 picks and make him walk home.

As to the 15 year wait, its been longer than that but I wont argue. Our wait in the desert is nearly over.

I can assure you, that someone somehow is going to pay for that big lie. He is clearly not NFL ready. He wont even pick up a free agent contract.. NFL would cut a QB with 13 picks and make him walk home.

As to the 15 year wait, its been longer than that but I wont argue. Our wait in the desert is nearly over.
He sure was lucky he got 2 years of training under a couple of QB gurus.

He sure was lucky he got 2 years of training under a couple of QB gurus.
Do you remember Sam Keller? He was a statue as well. What I don't get is that in this age of the spread, how anyone could possible promote Lee as a NFL quality QB, he isnt even cutting it in the NCAA.

Do you remember Sam Keller? He was a statue as well. What I don't get is that in this age of the spread, how anyone could possible promote Lee as a NFL quality QB, he isnt even cutting it in the NCAA.
Keller, now he may have been the poster boy for over-hyping.

For nearly an entire year, Husker fans were fed a steady diet of Keller-hype. The Arizona State transfer was going to be a first round NFL draft pick. Nebraska was not just going to win the Big XII behind Keller, but there even was talk about the national championship. Expectations were high.

Then the season began. What had been sold as a future NFL star turned out to be the master of the check-down. He rarely threw the ball downfield, content instead to settle for the short pass. Even then, he wasn’t terribly accurate; he completed 63% of his passes with 14 touchdowns and ten interceptions. His passer efficiency rating of 133.7 trails the numbers Taylor Martinez and Joe Ganz put up.

And Nebraska lost with him at quarterback. It started with a blowout loss to Southern Cal, where he padded his stats in the second half after the Trojans pulled their starters. Keller’s best game arguably was a comeback victory against Ball State. Then came the wipeouts against Missouri, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M before a broken collarbone finally ended his football career against Texas.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/6/2...s-football-quarterback-overrated-twenty-years

Last edited:

He's got the "measurables" that NFL teams look for plus he had an outstanding Manning passing camp. That's why a lot of people were touting him as an NFL QB, and some still are. That hype didn't come from Langsdorf or Riley, that hype came from guys like Phil Savage and the USA Today article that listed Lee as one of the six QBs that would make the 2018 draft one of the NFL's best drafts ever for QBs.

In the NFL you can go from a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to a 1st rounder almost just because of a great combine workout. Remember Fabian Washington? He was pretty good under Bo in 2003, but I don't think anybody other than the Raiders thought he was a 1st round draft pick. He had an outstanding combine and Al Davis took him #23 in the 2005 draft. They've got a history of doing that with other fast guys who everybody else thought probably could play in the NFL but nobody else would have drafted them in the first round.

Lee may still get drafted, although I doubt it. I would not be surprised to see him make a practice squad though should he declare for the draft.

He's got the "measurables" that NFL teams look for plus he had an outstanding Manning passing camp. That's why a lot of people were touting him as an NFL QB, and some still are. That hype didn't come from Langsdorf or Riley, that hype came from guys like Phil Savage and the USA Today article that listed Lee as one of the six QBs that would make the 2018 draft one of the NFL's best drafts ever for QBs.

In the NFL you can go from a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to a 1st rounder almost just because of a great combine workout. Remember Fabian Washington? He was pretty good under Bo in 2003, but I don't think anybody other than the Raiders thought he was a 1st round draft pick. He had an outstanding combine and Al Davis took him #23 in the 2005 draft. They've got a history of doing that with other fast guys who everybody else thought probably could play in the NFL but nobody else would have drafted them in the first round.

Lee may still get drafted, although I doubt it. I would not be surprised to see him make a practice squad though should he declare for the draft.

He will probably end up a solid backup.

C

Keller, now he may have been the poster boy for over-hyping.

For nearly an entire year, Husker fans were fed a steady diet of Keller-hype. The Arizona State transfer was going to be a first round NFL draft pick. Nebraska was not just going to win the Big XII behind Keller, but there even was talk about the national championship. Expectations were high.

Then the season began. What had been sold as a future NFL star turned out to be the master of the check-down. He rarely threw the ball downfield, content instead to settle for the short pass. Even then, he wasn’t terribly accurate; he completed 63% of his passes with 14 touchdowns and ten interceptions. His passer efficiency rating of 133.7 trails the numbers Taylor Martinez and Joe Ganz put up.

And Nebraska lost with him at quarterback. It started with a blowout loss to Southern Cal, where he padded his stats in the second half after the Trojans pulled their starters. Keller’s best game arguably was a comeback victory against Ball State. Then came the wipeouts against Missouri, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M before a broken collarbone finally ended his football career against Texas.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/6/2...s-football-quarterback-overrated-twenty-years

The Keller games haunt me still. I bought into that hype, hook, line and sinker. Wait, did I say sinker? I meant STINKER.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back