• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kinds of statements just baffle me. I realize people think he did outstanding at OSU, given what he had to work with, but when I look at his records there, it just confirms to me that Mike Riley, as nice of a guy as he is, and as decent of a human being as he is, just is not a good football coach....and in some areas, seems absolutely clueless to me. Given the current state of the program, you just don't make such asinine comments as these.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-coach-mike-riley-issues-except-games

People put way too much stock into what coaches say in press conferences. Riley's not going to take a flame thrower to the players or assistants.
I'm not putting stock into what he's saying....obviously. I'm also not expecting him to throw players and assistants under the bus. Did you even read the article? It's just dumb to say that there's no issues, except in games. Plenty of other things to say instead of that.

I'm not putting stock into what he's saying....obviously. I'm also not expecting him to throw players and assistants under the bus. Did you even read the article? It's just dumb to say that there's no issues, except in games. Plenty of other things to say instead of that.

I didn't read the article. I listened to the press conference though and it sounded a lot more to me like a man admitting that the results on the field are subpar. I think you're looking for crap to bitch about because you're angry that the team sucks. Most fans do this.

I didn't read the article. I listened to the press conference though and it sounded a lot more to me like a man admitting that the results on the field are subpar. I think you're looking for crap to bitch about because you're angry that the team sucks. Most fans do this.
Maybe, and you're looking for posts to bitch about. Most posters do this.

given the circumstances and the fact the die is cast. .it is kind of a funny statement.

Last edited:
People put way too much stock into what coaches say in press conferences. Riley's not going to take a flame thrower to the players or assistants.

I agree with this. We spent almost 3 years listening to posters who put too much stock into what he said in his press conferences.

Last edited:

I agree with this. We spent almost years listening to posters who put too much stock into what he said in his press conferences.
If there is one thing that I've taken away from Riley's tenure it's that press conference coach speak doesn't mean crap. It rarely ever does for any coach, but Riley reinforced that for me.

I think you are looking at crap to bitch about with other posters because you are angry Mike Riley is failing. Most Riley apologists do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back