• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It won't get any easier next year

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
No matter who they bring in as the next HC, it will be a brutal schedule next year with 5 rated teams on the road; Michigan, O State, Wisc, NW and Iowa.

With the same players, I don't expect a much better record.

But with better coaching, I think we could win one for sure (NW--road team almost always wins), and two others--Wisky and iowa--a fair shot.

Michigan tOSU not likely wins.

No matter who they bring in as the next HC, it will be a brutal schedule next year with 5 rated teams on the road; Michigan, O State, Wisc, NW and Iowa.

Agree that the schedule is a killer,but our talent level is better than our won -lost record. I believe that good coaching can coach up the players we have.The attitude needs changing I believe. I reiterate that I am not a qualified coach.Just a fan sharing my unsolicited opinion of our Huskers.

Valid concern.

Husker cross-division games 2018: Ohio St. Mich, and Mich St.

Actually not a bad year to be in rebuilding mode. Very tough schedule either way.

Next 4 years cross-division games are the top half of the division.

Note Ohio St is on the schedule for the next 4 years!!! through 2021, hopefully after that they wont be on schedule until the game in Indy.

Last edited:
I would expect improved play from a new staff year one. Might not look drastically better than this years W-L record, but I'm guessing the team will be better overall.

It will be several years before we consider any season easy. I would expect next year to be the buzzword of 2017, competitive.

2019 is the "easiest" schedule out of the next 4 years.

2020,2021 gets brutal again, finally get a "lower-tier team" in Maryland (2020), and Rutgers (2021)

Not that the needs to be any more reasons to make a coaching change now, but the schedule is another one.

2018, there are at least 6 to 7 very winnable games. That would be a significant improvement over this year.

It is time to make a personal observation about the BIG. They have done us no favors since joining the conference and continually give us the toughest of schedules. I cannot prove they have done this on purpose, and I may just be grousing because we have done so poorly since joining the Conference. I just cannot shake this nagging feeling that the BIG was more interested in destroying Nebraska than helping Nebraska. I know this smacks of outlandish conspiracy theory, and I understand that. It is just a feeling that I cannot shake. I really feel sorry for whoever our new coach and staff are.

I think that next year we will have a good "transition," which in combination with a more experienced team (few seniors contributing this year) should make things better right away. We've had 2 (out of 3) very bad transitions this century...hampering the commitment and buy in of players. Neither coach was able to overcome the situation...that won't be a problem for next year.

2019 is the "easiest" schedule out of the next 4 years.

2020,2021 gets brutal again, finally get a "lower-tier team" in Maryland (2020), and Rutgers (2021)
We will be ready by 2020. :Cool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back