• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Youngstown State

As noted, YSU lost 35-0 to Illinois State. The offense was held to 84 total yards.

"That was the worst football team I’ve ever seen play the game. Across the board, worst coach, worst playing, no character, no heart, no discipline — you can go right down the list.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/oct/29/penguins-hit-rock-bottom/?mobile

The only missing from that post game presser was the obligatory "we just didn't execute" line. But he did specifically throw the O-Line under the bus so I guess that sort of counts.....

I too take joy in watching Pelini's antics but then I'm reminded of the fact that he continues to receive a check from Nebraska in the amount of $128,009 every month until February 2019. $2,048,144 remaining.

:Banghead:

No idea what happened last Saturday... was actually sure it was a typo when I saw it on google Sunday morning but I do find it funny that you guys gloss over that the previous 3 losses were by 11 pts total... 2 of them away games vs top 5 opponents... 1 being in OT vs ND State... They have now played 4 teams in the FCS top 15...

Keep in mind YSU also played Pitt at the beginning of the season... that is really not counted against them in FCS records... (it at least has an asterisk beside it)

My guess is YSU will win out. Finish 4-4 in the best conference in FCS and just miss the playoffs. Had they won 1 of the previous 4 they would likely have made the playoffs.

He must have run out of the last guy’s players and the guys he pilfered from Lincoln.
Which shows you how much you dont know... Again.... they beat a Top 10 SDSU team, lost by a last second FG to a top 5 South Dakota team and lost by a FG in OT to the #2 team NDSU...

Play those games all in a row... get beaten up and see how our Huskers do... we had to throw for 430+ to beat Purdue after playing Wisconsin and Ohio St...

Which shows you how much you dont know... Again.... they beat a Top 10 SDSU team, lost by a last second FG to a top 5 South Dakota team and lost by a FG in OT to the #2 team NDSU...

Play those games all in a row... get beaten up and see how our Huskers do... we had to throw for 430+ to beat Purdue after playing Wisconsin and Ohio St...
Agree, both YSU and Nebraska are very mediocre teams.

No idea what happened last Saturday... was actually sure it was a typo when I saw it on google Sunday morning but I do find it funny that you guys gloss over that the previous 3 losses were by 11 pts total... 2 of them away games vs top 5 opponents... 1 being in OT vs ND State... They have now played 4 teams in the FCS top 15...

Keep in mind YSU also played Pitt at the beginning of the season... that is really not counted against them in FCS records... (it at least has an asterisk beside it)

My guess is YSU will win out. Finish 4-4 in the best conference in FCS and just miss the playoffs. Had they won 1 of the previous 4 they would likely have made the playoffs.
Maybe they'll give YSU participation ribbons for all those close losses.

None.... They haven't won a game against a team with a winning schedule. Life in the MAC. On the other hand, I'd take Frankie in a heartbeat over Pelini. Don't you miss all of the "Uh" and "Um" in the news conferences.

None.... They haven't won a game against a team with a winning schedule. Life in the MAC. On the other hand, I'd take Frankie in a heartbeat over Pelini. Don't you miss all of the "Uh" and "Um" in the news conferences.
I would have taken more Frankie over Callahan as well, for many reasons.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back