• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Status of Program - ticket prices this weekend

BARNUM is back

Son of NUM
5 Year Member
oUina

26oCe5x

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/oUina"><a href="//imgur.com/oUina"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top 10 team in town, night game, $100 ticket face value (i heard the 1620 guys talking about this and looked it up)

there are a bunch* of $40-$60 tickets on there. This plus the 24 point spread make for a pretty depressing pre-game

Last edited:

last week the secondary market prices were much much higher, in fact the price was pretty steady up until game time as it was a sellers market. This week it is the opposite and I suspect the weather has a lot to do with it. Last week at this time only about 1,000 tickets were on stubhub/ Vivid, I think this week there are over 3,000 as of today for the OSU game.

last week the secondary market prices were much much higher, in fact the price was pretty steady up until game time as it was a sellers market. This week it is the opposite and I suspect the weather has a lot to do with it. Last week at this time only about 1,000 tickets were on stubhub/ Vivid, I think this week there are over 3,000 as of today for the OSU game.
Weather smeather. I’ve been to many games in inclement weather in memorial stadium. It’s 2007 redux which is causing the apathy.

Well the apathy sat in pretty darn quick because last week people were complaining outside the stadium they couldn't get a ticket
I've never been to memorial stadium for a rainy one - plenty of REALLY cold ones with my overalls on - those are my favorite - i prefer it that way

I’m sure the weather has something to do with it. No one wants to be cold and wet while watching their team get massacred. I’m not saying they will get massacred, but Vegas seems to think so.

If they pull an epic upset, a lot of people will feel silly though.

Last edited:

I sat through monsoon conditions vs. CO in 96. There wasn’t an open seat in the house.

Well you didn't run to the hills when lightning showed up on the radar either back then.

Things have changed, if it is going to be in the 40's and a cold rain I might want to sit at Buzzard Billy's and not deal with that. I don't doubt apathy will eventually set in , just not convinced it happens in one week.

Well you didn't run to the hills when lightning showed up on the radar either back then.

Things have changed, if it is going to be in the 40's and a cold rain I might want to sit at Buzzard Billy's and not deal with that. I don't doubt apathy will eventually set in , just not convinced it happens in one week.
I think it’s in degrees. If we had beaten WI, I bet a dollar to donuts tickets are selling mostly for face value and the house would be 90%+ full. But you add in a dismal product and bad weather and tix are going for ....$.50 on the dollar and the house will probably be 80% full at kickoff and empty depending on how things turn out by Q4.

I think it’s in degrees. If we had beaten WI, I bet a dollar to donuts tickets are selling mostly for face value and the house would be 90%+ full. But you add in a dismal product and bad weather and tix are going for ....$.50 on the dollar and the house will probably be 80% full at kickoff and empty depending on how things turn out by Q4.

fair enough

I think the Wiscy game has a lot to do with it. There are quite a few tix on this board and no one is biting. Very telling. I sat with season ticket holders on the flight from PHX last week and they sold their Wiscy tix b/c her husband didn't want to go. A guy that has sat in front of me for 20 years isn't coming to the OSU game. That's not a good sign.

That's what you are hoping for, right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back