• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fox Football commercial

CPD924

Scout Team
2 Year Member
Of course, shows our "players" standing in the middle of nowhere in a cornfield... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I like it, pretty proud of my corn!
I am with you. People keep wanting to run from the farmer image. WE ARE THE CORNHUSKERS.
It is one of the most unique and recognizable names in sports. If you see football and corn you know it is about NE. The image of a farmer is masculine and strong. Would you rather be MD? A turtle? Let's have a mascot that is known for being slow and can't get off of it's back. (sounds like me actually :p) or maybe a Hoosier? What the hell is a Hoosier? Oh how about a small rodent that hides in the ground oh but wait it's a "Golden" small rodent in the ground. Oh wait maybe we should be named after a hairless nut? Oh how about this we will take a commonly used animal but we want to be unique so we will change the name by adding a nearby mountain to the name presto changeo we are unique.

We have the most unique name in american sports. Which also happens to match the character of our state. Hard working, strong people. How about we embrace it?

For the record I think the second best name in the B1G is the Boilermakers. Another very strong although dated reference.

Impressive that they gave us that much exposure in the commercial. Our results the past 15 years don't warrant that kind of attention in a national commercial about the upcoming college football season.

Impressive that they gave us that much exposure in the commercial. Our results the past 15 years don't warrant that kind of attention in a national commercial about the upcoming college football season.
While I will somewhat agree with the part about our results, I do however feel like we deserve any and all national coverage. I just hope that moving forward, 99% of our national coverage will be about how feared we are again. That Black Shirt D, that unstoppable passing and running attack, etc. Nebraska football deserves to be in the lime light, so even though they showed us in the cornfield, they showed a some stadium stuff too, kudos for the B1G and GBR!!!

While I will somewhat agree with the part about our results, I do however feel like we deserve any and all national coverage. I just hope that moving forward, 99% of our national coverage will be about how feared we are again. That Black Shirt D, that unstoppable passing and running attack, etc. Nebraska football deserves to be in the lime light, so even though they showed us in the cornfield, they showed a some stadium stuff too, kudos for the B1G and GBR!!!

At least they didn't feature our mascot from the past:
nebraska-old-mascot.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back