• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Running back offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only trouble with any of what *** posted was you felt the need to continue to argue with him. He didn't cause "us" trouble, you did.

@ShortSideOption hasn't proven himself level headed. He has a drunken Pelini and then a bug-eyed wrestler as an avatar. Clearly he's someone who can not be trusted. Probably never played a down of football in his life. In all likelihood, he typed all that nonsense with two fingers. I think his practice reports are robbed from watching KETV news footage. All other comments I have get me banned.

Edit: I don't feel this is necessary, but.....

:Sarcasm:

Last edited:

My apologies to N2FL, RR and all. I appreciate your expert, insightful information. Sorry for the disrespect.

Frustrated that legitimate RB play in MR's history does not persuade talented RBs enough, yet. Frustration will have to take a back seat to patience for awhile. MR, Inc still needs to demonstrate more on TV to a dubious RB audience how the RB position plays into his desired O strategy that he is now able to start placing on the field. Hopefully what he demonstrates on the field this coming season will help in future RB recruiting efforts. Not sure if RD is the right pitch man for this, but maybe his sales job will get easier after this season.

:Cheers:

The context does not matter, the kid was asked by someone other than Davis if he was ever interested in Nebraska and his response was "I would commit on the spot."

I bolded a part of your response where you tell me what the kid said actually didn't happen and then spewed out a hypothetical to try and make Davis look better. I need you to come back to reality for a second and take an actual quote from the person that was involved in the recruitment process of himself as factual. You're literally saying "what the recruit said didn't actually happen and I bet it was more like this" because it's just destroying the argument you've been trying to make. To finally put the last nail in the coffin, here are more quotes from Ozigbo from a commitment article on 1/9/2015:

"but said he's been recruited by NU assistant coach Charlton Warren for quite a while now which played a role in how quickly he jumped on the opportunity to play at Nebraska."
"When they offered me I asked them if I needed to visit before I could commit because I had been doing my research and I had been talking with Coach Warren for a while and I got pretty comfortable with him and felt good about the school."
"Coach Warren told me the way the old offense was set up they were looking for more of a shorter scat back."

There are 3 quotes where Ozigbo who is the actual recruit quoted that it was Charlton Warren he developed the relationship with and recruited him. The only mention of Davis in the article is when they offered the scholarship, Davis and Warren both called DO. I get that you feel it's your duty to defend anyone on this staff at all costs, but at some point we need you to let your heels out and accept what actually happened. Charlton Warren recruited this kid, and maybe Davis extended the actual offer, but this kid was coming here with or without Davis.

Now, as to me "hating Davis" and "eliminating his work or participation in this matter", that is again kind of making things up on your part. I have no problem admitting to you that Reggie Davis was the RBs coach that no doubt talked to Ozigbo, Bryant, or Bradley during the recruiting process. What i'm telling you though is A) he's bringing in the worst talent of all our assistants, B) 2 of those 3 kids were coming here anyway, so if he gets blanked this year he actually only had to recruit 1 kid in 4 recruiting cycles at RB. You or I could have been the RBs coach and pulled in Ozigbo with Warrens help and the local kid Bradley.

Again, I don't hate Davis and support Riley if he is ok just having a guy that is a talent developer and not a recruiter. My point is he is at no point a recruiter and I think we can have both from our RBs position coach. Ron Brown did it. And people sitting here telling me what a recruit said didn't actually happen, then telling me my facts are incorrect because i'm quoting actual sentences from the actual recruit and not taking the hypothetical they made up as fact, well that gets you in the psych ward 9/10 in real life. Message boards are more accepting luckily.

giphy.gif

@ShortSideOption hasn't proven himself level headed. He has a drunken Pelini and then a bug-eyed wrestler as an avatar. Clearly he's someone who can not be trusted. Probably never played a down of football in his life. In all likelihood, he typed all that nonsense with two fingers. I think his practice reports are robbed from watching KETV news footage. All other comments I have get me banned.

:Rolf:

source.gif

The only trouble with any of what *** posted was you felt the need to continue to argue with him. He didn't cause "us" trouble, you did.
Sorry for your trouble, I didn't realize you were trying to follow an adult conversation. I should have used more 1 and 2 syllable words. BTW, the "us" I was speaking of was *** and me.

Pretty sure that is news to most on this board. RR, NFL or *** is this true? Or is the reporter wrong.
The kid is super pro-NU on Twitter and I could easily see him being a silent commit if the spot is there for him right now.

Pretty sure that is news to most on this board. RR, NFL or *** is this true? Or is the reporter wrong.

Saw that yesterday and was surprised by the comment. Honestly do not know if it's true or not. The local guys in NE at least as of last night have not reacted that I am aware of to it.

Now with that being said CBs have him 100% NU

Keep in mind he is a 2019 prospect

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back