• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

Maurer strikes out the side...but he also had a 4-pitch walk and two weak singles. He definitely has some wicked stuff but control is iffy at times.(Based on one inning)

Thats 8 straight Royals fans!!!:Banana:

Coming into tonight, KC had given up 17 more runs than they'd scored on the season. The only team in MLB with both a winning record and a total run deficit. They almost made that up in one game.

Now 43-27 after a 10-20 start. Winning streaks brighten things up a lot. I've always said games in April and May count the same as in September, but a 0.614 winning percentage since the early season troubles is a nice trend. Also were 0-8 vs. the AL Central in April and now at 21-23 (and 5-4 vs. Cleveland).

Its official...the Royals are making moves for this season!!!

Trade with the Padres helps out the staff BIG time!

Royals lose Strahm, Travis Wood, and Estuery Ruiz. I hate losing Strahm. I think he is going to be a great pitcher some day. Wood is crappy because he has just started to produce for us but in the end, no big loss. Ruiz(2B) has been destroying the rookie league but who knows with a first year player like that. Its a risky guy to lose but the Royals have many middle infielders they are high on if they can start paying off. Looking at you Mondesi.

Royals get Maurer, Buchter, and Cahill. Maurer could be huge if our pitching guru can improve his stuff like he did with Feliz. Feliz has been much better since Eiland has worked with him. IMO, Eiland is as responsible as anyone for the Royals success the past few years. I think Maurer becomes either a setup guy or possibly a closer if Herrera continues to struggle. Hell, Feliz could even be that guy or all of them might be that guy. Soria is in the conversation as well although last season still leaves a sour taste in KC fans mouths. The biggest issue with Maurer it seems is that he is like Herrera right now in that he tends to get hit hard at times. Buchter will also be a bullpen guy while Cahill will be the right-handed starter that the Royals wanted/needed to end the revolving door at the end of the rotation.

The five big contracts that end this season still loom large. Gotta go for it and see how things shake out.

The naive ColoREDo wants to believe that Hosmer and Moustakas are great friends and want to stay together in KC but that part of ColoREDo is full of crap.:nod:

Moustakas, Hosmer, Esky, Cain. Who is the 5th?

Hoping they can keep 3 of them, but it'll probably be 2

Looks like they also could be picking up Francisco Liriano from the Bluejays here shortly

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back