• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

10 Wins?

Will the Huskers win 10 games in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
I am feeling more optimistic about the upcoming season than I did this time last year and they were a breath away from 10 wins. A bit more consistent offense and a less sieve-like defense and NU gets to 10, possibly 11. As long as the injury bug stays away.
Had the injury bug not hit us last year a few games could have gone different. The O-Line was banged up vs Wisconsin and of course, had Tommy been healthy I believe the Iowa and Tennessee games would have been closer. Although Ryker Fyfe played decent against the Volunteers.

Translation, I believe our starters are pretty good but I don't see a ton of depth in certain places. Staying healthy will be a major part of this season for the Huskers.

Had the injury bug not hit us last year a few games could have gone different. The O-Line was banged up vs Wisconsin and of course, had Tommy been healthy I believe the Iowa and Tennessee games would have been closer. Although Ryker Fyfe played decent against the Volunteers.

Translation, I believe our starters are pretty good but I don't see a ton of depth in certain places. Staying healthy will be a major part of this season for the Huskers.

I disagree. I see much more depth this year than recently. Though the depth is not experienced, it is talented...especially at QB, OL, ILB, and secondary. Depth at RB is fine although we have not yet shown any star power. The WR's/TE's are young but last year's group was not productive and I believe this years groups will prove more productive and deeper, unless a similar injury bug hits the groups this year. If we falter at all, I am guessing it will be OLB's and DL that are at the root of it, but I have confidence in the DL and faith that our new DC will find an answer to the OLB issues.

Last edited:
You may not have noticed, but we weren't very good after the Wisconsin game last season, on either side of the ball. OSU will be the best team we've played since OSU last year. We play at PENN STATE, and Wisconsin loves to beat us up physically (like we used to do).

PSU as the defending B1G champs, is not overrated.
In case you missed it, OSU just copied Wiskys defense against an inadequate QB like they always did. There is a new sheriff at QB and a more than adequate backup. Our attack will be balance and our defense will be a hair fire. This new team is not your old mans oldsmobile.

In case you missed it, OSU just copied Wiskys defense against an inadequate QB like they always did. There is a new sheriff at QB and a more than adequate backup. Our attack will be balance and our defense will be a hair fire. This new team is not your old mans oldsmobile.
You hope!

"We plan to use the same sheriff we had last year. I am looking forward to it. I've never had the chance to flex my muscles in Lincoln."

urban-meyer.jpg

:mr: "Man, that guy Meyer is arrogant. What a troll! On top of that, he is always trying to make things difficult for the rest of us head coaches!"

:Koolaid2: "I agree Coach Riley. I never talk about that guy or the game we had with him last year. It does not fit my agenda."

Last edited:
Once again I am going to lock you out of a thread for all of the more than obvious reasons. You really need to stop and stop now or your going to be spending some time on the sidelines.

RR

"We plan to use the same sheriff we had last year. I am looking forward to it. I've never had the chance to flex my muscles in Lincoln."

urban-meyer.jpg

:mr: "Man, that guy Meyer is arrogant. What a troll! On top of that, he is always trying to make things difficult for the rest of us head coaches!"

:Koolaid2: "I agree Coach Riley. I never talk about that guy or the game we had with him last year. It does not fit my agenda."

I disagree. I see much more depth this year than recently. Though the depth is not experienced, it is talented...especially at QB, OL, ILB, and secondary. Depth at RB is fine although we have not yet shown any star power. The WR's/TE's are young but last year's group was not productive and I believe this years groups will prove more productive and deeper, unless a similar injury bug hits the groups this year. If we falter at all, I am guessing it will be OLB's and DL that are at the root of it, but I have confidence in the DL and faith that our new DC will find an answer to the OLB issues.
The depth has improved. The certain places I'm referring to is the WR, TE and DE positions. We have a lot of guys at linebacker, but not a ton proven just yet. I have no doubt at least 4 guys will emerge there. I especially hope so at the OLB so we can pressure the QB. But I was specifically referring to WR, TE and DE. I feel pretty decent about the nose guard position now.

I don't see 10 wins, but if our offensive and defensive lineman remain healthy all year and hit the conditioning and weights in the off season it is attainable. Games are won, especially tough games, in the trenches. If we don't develop some horses or a game changer then it may be worse than last year.

I see another 10-4 year. Off top of my head I will say losses to NW, PSU, BIG title game, and bowl.

I know this is probably optimistic.

I see another 10-4 year. Off top of my head I will say losses to NW, PSU, BIG title game, and bowl.

I know this is probably optimistic.
How on earth? We don't play 14 games without at least winning our division, followed by a champ game loss, followed by a bowl game loss. 7-2 may not win the division.

How on earth? We don't play 14 games without at least winning our division, followed by a champ game loss, followed by a bowl game loss. 7-2 may not win the division.

I predicted only one division loss (NW), which would most likely put you in the BIG title game, especially with wins over Wisconsin and Iowa. What's the problem ?

GET TICKETS

Back