• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Knevel vs. Farniok

Listened to the Spring game on the radio, and haven't got the dvd from my dad yet, so I am curious to hear from those that saw the game how these guys looked and any thoughts on how that position battle is going. Not impressed with Knevel last year. Hearing he is much improved this year, but I find it hard to believe without seeing it.

Knevel is our best LT playing out of position at RT. He looks like a natural RG that would be good pulling out to lead runs.

Farniok is too young and soft to make much of an impact this year, IMO. Hopefully, he gets some reps and will be ready to start next year.

Last edited:
Knevel is our best LT playing out of position at RT. He looks like a natural RG that would be good pulling out to lead runs.
Not sure this makes sense. Gates was moved to LT because he was supposed to be the best we had at the position. Why the heck aren't they playing the opposite positions?

Farniok is too young and soft to make much of an impact this year, IMO. Hopefully, he gets some reps and will be ready to start next year.

I wouldn't count on him getting many reps in games unless there is an injury or Nebraska is blowing out an opponent. :thumbsup:

Right guard (in a right-hand offense) should be a big physical specimen of a player, the key being that he is mobile.

Utilize the extra large players that are mobile using a variety of ways to get them at the point of attack. The 6-8, 320-pound Zach Sterup spent the majority of his career at tackle, before moving inside to guard where he started the final four games of the 2015 season and helped Nebraska to a 3-1 finish.

It took them over half the season to figure it out with Zach Sterup. They had amnesia from the lesson.

David was being groomed to be a LT but Lewis never left the field two years ago. Cav moved him to RT?? for reasons they never really explained. Unfortunately he sustained a high ankle sprain early in the Oregon game. A tough injury for anyone to overcome let alone a 6'9" 310lb body. Takes months. During spring game David was pushing the left edge rusher so far to the outside it would take him a week to get to the passer. I know it was vanilla D and second team but he was moving his feet well. I wish he could of stayed healthy and played for more experience the last couple years. Personally think we had something special. Coming from Canada lacked some good coaching but David is a special kind of Big with great mobility. Super nice young man that puts team first and turned down Saban to come to Lincoln

The 6-8, 320-pound Zach Sterup spent the majority of his career at tackle, before moving inside to guard where he started the final four games of the 2015 season and helped Nebraska to a 3-1 finish. It took them over half the season to figure it out with Zach Sterup. They had amnesia from the lesson.
Gee, you take over a program where one of the guys has already spent 4 years playing OT, but you blame "them" (by implication MR/Cav) for not switching him to OG sooner? How about placing the blame where it belonged (a different "them") and giving credit to the guys that figured it out?

Last edited:

I know as a former linebacker I certainly wouldn't want to face one if it was my choice. Can't see over them and it sucks to knock heads with them over and over when the tall, heavy, and lean types pull at me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back