• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

The NFL is dying for potential QBs. Take a look around at what guys are getting big contracts. They are scouring the place looking for possibilities. Lee fits the model. If he has a really good year, they will really want him.

This idea that Lee "moves on to the NFL after a good year" seems contrived to me. First, his Tulane work isn't exactly stuff that makes NFL scouts go "Ah." Second, if he does have a great year, he would likely be quite excited to have an even better run with a more mature Husker team in 2018...maybe even making a Heisman run. To automatically think he'd be a high pick and leave after one year, seems like a media contrived idea so they can have yet another QB controversy/competition between POB/Gebbia. I doubt very much he goes to the NFL even after a great year.
If Lee has the kind of year that leads to him being a first or even second round NFL pick I believe most fans would be fine with that. It's been a very very long time since the Huskers had a QB considered a first or second round pick.

First of all if you have issue send me a PM Please do not discuss on here. Those are the rules of the board. I will be glad to discuss it within reason.

Second his being banned is based on him having Warning after Warning in other threads for his often personal posting style so it is no surprise to him.

Look we are all looking for an honest debate but when one guy continually goes into thread after thread and blows them up time after time making it about him it gets old. Not to mention ruins a great discussion going on.

All I will say about the subject.

Oh and you and I good as always. :)

RR

;)

The NFL is dying for potential QBs. Take a look around at what guys are getting big contracts. They are scouring the place looking for possibilities. Lee fits the model. If he has a really good year, they will really want him.
If Lee has the kind of year that leads to him being a first or even second round NFL pick I believe most fans would be fine with that. It's been a very very long time since the Huskers had a QB considered a first or second round pick.
I certainly wouldn't be angry or even concerned if TL had a great year and decided to cash out with the NFL if he had the chance. That said, I believe he will have a great year in 2017 and stick around for an even better year in 2018. Sue me.

I certainly wouldn't be angry or even concerned if TL had a great year and decided to cash out with the NFL if he had the chance. That said, I believe he will have a great year in 2017 and stick around for an even better year in 2018. Sue me.
OH come on man, you spelt out the kiss of death, expectations. I prefer having the starter around for a couple of years at least

I believe they will use POB alot in games that have been decided or if Lee stumbles. HCMR knows how important this season is for his future.
That would be a wonderful scenario. It has been a long time since we've had the luxury of playing the #2 QB without necessity.

Ugh, can we not have people locked out of threads for comments that are not conversationally inappropriate.

Threads evolve...people will stop responding when they are done, not when they are "offended" generally and I feel it is pretty easy to discern when a discussion has devolved to "yo mamma" jabs

I'm with you on this. Nothing he said was threatening or disrespectful. I have differing opinions from SoCal on many topics, but I believe his reputation leads to quick shut-downs. I disagree with him being excluded from the thread, but that's just my opinion.

Back to topic- I look forward to having Lee as our starting QB while continually being pushed by POB for his betterment. When was the last time we had a staple of QB's this capable of running our offense? It has been a while, maybe 1995?...

Last edited:

TL has a cannon for an arm. If he makes good decisions under pressure then the sky is the limit. One thing I like about this offense is the emphasis on the QB getting rid of the ball quickly. Being able to do so with accuracy and good decision making can make up for some flaws in the offensive line.

But can he run the option? :Wink:

Honestly you have to realky want to to interpret them positively.

Yes, the stats aren't as pretty and looked at in a vacuum aren't impressive. But if you believe the arguments that Tulane as a team was bad and forced them to play from behind, that the coaches making statements about him being the only one keeping them in the games.... Then I take those stats with a grain of salt. Hard to blossom if you are in a black enough place.

Okay, whatever....you go ahead and live in fantasy land.

Not fantasy at all. Saying that for sure Penn St is going to be great and for sure beat Nebraska next year based on 1 strong finish to a season and the return of a lot of starters is not a sure thing.

If Penn St has strung 5 10-2 season's together in a row then I would give the nod heavily to Penn St. But 1 10 and 2 season after multiple season of 4,5,6 losses does not mean for sure that they are automatically going to be great next year.

Does anyone know if Lee will be given the Heisman before conference play or are they still going to wait until the end of the season? I just hope Gebbia gets to play in a real game before he leaves for the NFL.

Do you not remember someone named Zac Taylor. He could not make it at a bottom feeder ACC school. Then he went to Juco. He came here and did pretty good. I think I would be OK if Lee could pass for over 3,000 yards in a season. Especially if we could add a 1000 yard rusher as well.
What if we had a guy that passed for 2700 yards and ran for another 700? Would we be ok?

What if we had a guy that passed for 2700 yards and ran for another 700? Would we be ok?

What's the TD vs INT ratio on the 2700?

Are the yards built on reading the coverage and delivering to the correct progression? Or is it compiled on YOLO bombs and RB swing routes?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back