• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Have to admit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you "have to admit" that? Are you so miserable that your default is to dread everything about the Huskers, save for "the shape of this class"?

Dude let it go and just ignore him. No need to lash out. Hopefully that is what everybody else does with this thread.

RR

Hearing that from you would validate to the rest of us that our giddiness is not founded on delusion. Yeah!!!
Well, of course that would depend on why you're feeling giddy! If it's only because we get to see a new offense and defense then by all means you should feel giddy. If it's because you actually believe that we're now good enough to win the conference or division then you're only kidding yourselves. We may well turn out to be good enough this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well, of course that would depend on why you're feeling giddy! If it's only because we get to see a new offense and defense then by all means you should feel giddy. If it's because you actually believe that we're now good enough to win the conference or division then you're only kidding yourselves. We may well turn out to be good enough this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Winning against the big boys at a consistent level is a combination of great talent, great coaching, and great execution. Not easy to pull in great talent from across the country to DONU. You can Thank our great coaching staff for attracting the finest lately. MR & Inc is pulling that off.

I have to tip my hat to MR for accomplishing all that he has since arriving to DONU at the very least in the department of recruiting. I think it's easy to say that during the Tommy Armstrong years, execution was simply way too erratic, but that's not on MR, that's on what was handed to him when he walked in the door.

I originally thought the MR hire was a huge mistake based on the only Stat that counts. With recruitment alone, he's proving me wrong, and I love to see that. I get the vibe he can start producing the great wins now that he is starting to pull in great ingredients.

Now that's funny! You have to " temper the enthusiasm" even in your own threads. Somebody threw you a complement for being positive and you put restrictions on it have to bring him down.

I'm liking this class a lot myself. I think it is so important to have the class half way filled by the end of the spring. I think it will carry over into the fall easy enough, but most importantly I am hoping it gives us a strong spring board into the 2019 class. The "you need to get on board early" or the ship will sail without you idea. Just my thoughts.

I think Riley and the staff he is pulling together are hitting their stride in recruiting. Add a better than average on field result this year - no small order - and we could well enter a virtuous circle, one I think these coaches will know how to exploit.

I've got my fingers crossed so tight I can't eat a sandwich.

Last edited:

There's the SCR we know and love. To the original post....I think we as fans always get a little over the moon during recruiting season and probably over estimate what is really happening. But, with our QB situation finally in a good spot and the WR's taking notice, along with the CB's lining up to play, the team is heading in the right direction IMO. If the line performs and stay healthy I think things will build from here. This staff seems to have a way about them when it comes to making the unexpected happen. Can we win the division this year....no doubt. Will we? That's why we play the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back