• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

I still can't believe the year Penn St had after essentially having their program decimated. Good for them.

I think if our line doesn't protect the QB, we could see easily see 2 playing this year.

Would Riley use a 2QB rotation?

Definitely not IMO. Best way to put it I suppose is if you have two "starting" QBs than you really have none. Just better if the offense has a clear-cut field general that everyone can turn to. Additionally by alternating/rotating you make it much more difficult on both of them to find a rhythm during games.

I can't quite remember which year, but I believe Texas tried this approach once and it did not end up working out well IIRC

Fully understand Riley's decision to make the call now, it certainly eliminates a potential distraction next fall. Just hope that POB uses it as motivation through the Summer rather than allowing it to cause him to be complacent.

Give me a reason to believe you. Yes, what they did last year is fully relevant. And that was a young team which beat OSU.
Recall a few years back, we totally dominated Washington in a regular season game, only to get dominated by that same team in the bowl game, last year means squat. It's my opinion, I feel like this team is ready and has "bought" into Riley and Co.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Penn State literally came into their own last season, and virtually returns every component of their B1G championship. But we're going to beat them at Penn State. Because!
Seriously man, what is it that you need to understand? I'm not giving facts over here, I'm giving my damned opinion, is that really that hard for you? Also, I don't give a rats ass what PSU did last year, this isn't last year, this is this year. I do not like PSU, not even a little bit at all, and I think we go in there and come away with the W. Throw all the stats and reasons why we are going to lose all you want, it's how I feel about the game. Hopefully, your brain can wrap around that and just accept my damn opinion, sheesh brother.

Okay, whatever....you go ahead and live in fantasy land.

Really no need for this post in reply to what was a reasonable post from NUinID. You really need to dial your posting back a bit as you have gone from to thread to thread and made each thread about you and not the subject at hand. Since I Warned you in another thread to do so I am going to lock you out of this one and let folks get back to an honest and civil conversation.

RR

Last edited:
I would really like to see O'Brien play a great deal this coming year as a backup not because of an injury to Lee. It's been a VERY long time since the Huskers have had a backup really ready to play.
Yep, but that is not an alternating system, which is what Pops asked. I'd love to see POB get plenty of reps.

Unless as McKewon mentioned he moves on to the league after one highly successful year. Personally, i think that is a pretty big stretch to expect from a guy who has his history. Unless he really did improve an extreme, rare amount in 2 years.
This idea that Lee "moves on to the NFL after a good year" seems contrived to me. First, his Tulane work isn't exactly stuff that makes NFL scouts go "Ah." Second, if he does have a great year, he would likely be quite excited to have an even better run with a more mature Husker team in 2018...maybe even making a Heisman run. To automatically think he'd be a high pick and leave after one year, seems like a media contrived idea so they can have yet another QB controversy/competition between POB/Gebbia. I doubt very much he goes to the NFL even after a great year.

Last edited:

Really no need for this post in reply to what was a reasonable post from NUinID. You really need to dial your posting back a bit as you have gone from to thread to thread and made each thread about you and not the subject at hand. Since I Warned you in another thread to do so I am going to lock you out of this one and let folks get back to an honest and civil conversation.

RR

Ugh, can we not have people locked out of threads for comments that are not conversationally inappropriate.

Threads evolve...people will stop responding when they are done, not when they are "offended" generally and I feel it is pretty easy to discern when a discussion has devolved to "yo mamma" jabs

Last edited:
This idea that Lee "moves on to the NFL after a good year" seems contrived to me. First, his Tulane work isn't exactly stuff that makes NFL scouts go "Ah." Second, if he does have a great year, he would likely be quite excited to have an even better run with a more mature Husker team in 2018...maybe even making a Heisman run. To automatically think he'd be a high pick and leave after one year, seems like a media contrived idea so they can have yet another QB controversy/competition between POB/Gebbia. I doubt very much he goes to the NFL even after a great year.

The only thing I'll say to that is NFL teams are reaching more and more for big arms, body types, and "can make all the throws" guys. If Lee looks like one of those and gets a high grade, I wouldn't blame him if he left. Guys who are physical specimens or true sophs have the luxury of saying " I have more to do." If he catches lightning in a bottle next year, I'd recommend he bolt. Pun intended.

Ugh, can we not have people locked out of threads for comments that are not conversationally inappropriate.

Threads evolve...people will stop responding when they are done, not when they are "offended" generally and I feel it is pretty easy to discern when a discussion has devolved to "yo mamma" jabs
I know what you are saying, but as RR stated, he goes thread to thread with his snarky crapola. Sometimes, enough is enough.

First of all if you have issue send me a PM Please do not discuss on here. Those are the rules of the board. I will be glad to discuss it within reason.

Second his being banned is based on him having Warning after Warning in other threads for his often personal posting style so it is no surprise to him.

Look we are all looking for an honest debate but when one guy continually goes into thread after thread and blows them up time after time making it about him it gets old. Not to mention ruins a great discussion going on.

All I will say about the subject.

Oh and you and I good as always. :)

RR

Last edited:

If our O line is up to par this year, even with out that super talented wide receiver corps we had last year, is it possible that Tanner breaks the TD and Yards completed records this season? Any thoughts?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back