• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Poor Bear Chandler

HuskerFed

Recruit
5 Year Member
Issah Poor Bear Chandler (Omaha Central) was just released from his Univ of New Mexico scholarship. Any NE interest?

Issah Poor Bear Chandler (Omaha Central) was just released from his Univ of New Mexico scholarship. Any NE interest?

Nebraska, Illinois State, and Drake have all contacted him since his New Mexico release according to a tweet from NebraskaHSHoops. I'll post it when I'm home later tonight.

The thing with Chandler is it's going to take a lot of development. I think his ceiling is quite high if the want to is there. He's at least a year, maybe two from getting there in my opinion. If he filled out one of the four scholarships, I'd be happy.

You should be sipping beach climbers on cloud nine right now. You have been after Miles to offer this kid for months. Do you think the interest is mutual?
Why? Because a coach that can't get anyone to commit to him decided to start trying with a local kid? No, I'm not happy. There's a difference between doing your due diligence and what is happening now.

Last edited:
Why? Because a coach that can't get anyone to commit to him decided to start trying with a local kid? No, I'm not happy. There's a difference between doing your due diligence and what is happening now.

Well he's a lame duck now. When he iced Arop and and passed on Chandler, he wasn't. From his perspective, Arop was a 6'5" power forward and Chandler was the next Roy Enright.

Glad to see we are in a fight with Ill St and Drake to land a guy Not wanted by MN That itself says a lot about where we are at.

Well he's a lame duck now. When he iced Arop and and passed on Chandler, he wasn't. From his perspective, Arop was a 6'5" power forward and Chandler was the next Roy Enright.
That's fine, but telling your assistants that you can't recruit the biggest city in the state and having zero guys from Nebraska on scholarship makes it so you have zero wins against your in-state rival and the team has zero loyalty when things go bad (4 open scholarships currently due to transfers).

This was never about Chandler, Arop, Patton, Thomas, Hollins-Johnson, Thurman, or anyone else. This was about his philosophy of not recruiting the state and assistants leaving because of it. I truly hope Chandler doesn't throw him a life preserver. To your point though, Chandler needs some time to develop and he's not doing anything to help Miles in 2017-18. He's basically Ed Morrow but not quite as tough right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back