• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lincoln Southeast DT Bryson Williams Commits To Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this kid a legacy?
Not that i'm aware of...

Got a little more information on this and it sounds like if he gets the offer he is looking for (a lesser football school but better academically) he will more than likely take it. So that could be why we aren't spending a ton of time with him. I do still go back to the fact that with social media and him being in Lincoln, it's about as easy as can be to speak with him and when he's around Nebraska fans every day it could potentially be an easy "flip." This school he grew up around may have been the best he thought he could get to in terms of football, and we could show him we want him. Conversely, what if we both offer and he chooses the inferior school? Then you have to hear it from people that have no clue on the situation.

Either way, from what i've been told he's a great kid and has his head on straight.

Not that i'm aware of...

Got a little more information on this and it sounds like if he gets the offer he is looking for (a lesser football school but better academically) he will more than likely take it. So that could be why we aren't spending a ton of time with him. I do still go back to the fact that with social media and him being in Lincoln, it's about as easy as can be to speak with him and when he's around Nebraska fans every day it could potentially be an easy "flip." This school he grew up around may have been the best he thought he could get to in terms of football, and we could show him we want him. Conversely, what if we both offer and he chooses the inferior school? Then you have to hear it from people that have no clue on the situation.

Either way, from what i've been told he's a great kid and has his head on straight.

I thought I read he moved here in his teens and isn't as attached to the state school as other kids. That being said, could be he's saying that because he hasn't been offered yet. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. This could be another case where we undervalue a local kid because of the competition level. He may start to blow up after he attends camps this spring.

I thought I read he moved here in his teens and isn't as attached to the state school as other kids. That being said, could be he's saying that because he hasn't been offered yet. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. This could be another case where we undervalue a local kid because of the competition level. He may start to blow up after he attends camps this spring.
Moved here from Illinois but not sure when, so that may be why we don't have the best tabs on him. Like you said, he's not as enamored with Nebraska as someone that grew up here, but we could change that quickly i'm sure. Especially offering before his "dream school."

Moved here from Illinois but not sure when, so that may be why we don't have the best tabs on him. Like you said, he's not as enamored with Nebraska as someone that grew up here, but we could change that quickly i'm sure. Especially offering before his "dream school."

Article says he moved back to Lincoln when he was 14. Agree with everything you've said though. Parrella has shown that he is on top of things when it comes to his board, but this one is a little puzzling. At this point they obviously have quite a few prospects ahead of him but it never hurts to be in contact with the local guys, even if it means being straightforward and letting them know where they stand.

May as well start this thread. His recruiting is picking up momentum, recently offered by Ohio, and has UCF, Navy, and Kansas State offers. He will be this years Brett Kittrell. The problem is numbers. We took 3 DTs last year, have the Davis twins that are redshirt sophomores. Mapieu is already on board from York, Nebraska. What I don't know is what we want for DTs in this class. We are taking at least two and I would assume maybe one more. The other problem is that we are in on some unbelievably talented DTs from within the radius. Will be interesting to see how this one develops.

Add Iowa to the list of 'latest to offer' as of 4/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back