• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ads are obstructing (visually/geographically) content on mobile devices

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
I copied these here so @BigRedMax will see them

I'd start a thread about this but..... I can't.

Anyone else on a mobile device able to start a new thread?

The ads are covering up where that bar is supposed to be.

This is what I'm supposed to see....
View attachment 11401
This is what shows up.
View attachment 11402

Can't even navigate back to the hot topic forum.

Sorry RDR, like I said..... can't start a thread about it. It's ridiculous.

Same here.

The 'post new thread' button appears briefly, but then is covered by the ad after it loads

The navigation bar at the bottom of page is visible, but the top one is covered

@RedPhoenix, I don't know if it was always this way, or if @BigRedMax just orchestrated a change, but I just noticed this:

The 'post new thread' button isn't obstructed by the ad, but rather it is moved lower on the page, to just below the list of threads. Then below that is typically another ad, then the navagation bar at the bottom. Is this what you see?

@RedPhoenix, I don't know if it was always this way, or if @BigRedMax just orchestrated a change, but I just noticed this:

The 'post new thread' button isn't obstructed by the ad, but rather it is moved lower on the page, to just below the list of threads. Then below that is typically another ad, then the navagation bar at the bottom. Is this what you see?
I do.

This has got to be the most annoying ad placement. Hovering over the text of the page and NO WAY TO GET RID OF IT. I get ad blockers so don't give me that option. Not available on every PC for a variety of reasons. I don't mind the ad, just the placement. Click on the "X" and all you get is the option to remove that add shown from your rotation.

My xmas gift, iPad. But very seldom used it .... too complicate for me. Main thing, I can't handle touchscreen fingers .... need mouse !!! And I never purchase smartphone gadget; only my desktop PC loaded with Adblock (firefox). Agreed, annoying ads on iPad/mobile devices. Thank god for Adblock.

Last edited:
As a card carrying, I mean technology caring American it is my duty to keep fighting the good fight. I am curios when there is such a better alternative why people choose android or specifically Samsung? Articles and stories like this are common and yet I am now familiar with the denial. 'I have never had a virus or issues on my Samsung'

http://mashable.com/2017/07/14/why-im-buying-an-iphone/#hfDyLR.KfaqA

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back