• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nationals Fans?

Knight

Red Shirt
20 Year Member
Are there any other Nationals fans on this board? I live in the DC area and really have fallen for the team. KC is still a favorite too though.

Nats always seem to have so much talent but can't quite win when they need to.

Post season has certainly been a challenge. Closer is a long time issue overall. I've been to most of the playoff home games. They have been very painful.

So Scherzer breaks his pinky! Now Roark is pitching the WBC.

I think they are going to go in house for closer or someone on a minor league contract with invite to spring training.

I'm a big Nationals fan. I get extra innings just so I can watch as many games as possible. Not to mention, I got a portion of my closet just dedicated to Nats gear.

They are so close, they just can't get over the hump. They need Bryce Harper to be Bryce Harper and they need a healthy Strasburg to take the next step.

I'm a big Nationals fan. I get extra innings just so I can watch as many games as possible. Not to mention, I got a portion of my closet just dedicated to Nats gear.

They are so close, they just can't get over the hump. They need Bryce Harper to be Bryce Harper and they need a healthy Strasburg to take the next step.

That hump is only going to grow as the Braves begins reclaiming their rightful place atop the NL East. :Biggrin:

Ok, let's get this thread going. First place! Scherzer, Strasburg, Gonzalez, Murphy, Harper, Rendon, Weiters - Yeah! Zimmerman - TRIPLE YEAH! Now about that bullpen. Obviously bad. Obviously going to do something in a few weeks when options open up. I think we need a closer and another strong late inning arm. Really we need a whole new bullpen, but hopefully two will close the gap and get the others in a comfortable position. If we get two, probably Kelley and Blanton are gone. There of course could be several more changes than that.

Thoughts?

So did I get to stay because you all knew me as a Royals fan?!

You are still a Royals fan. That's good enough for me. :Biggrin:

Heck, I became a Phillies fan, due to living in PA for 12 years. Life happens. But no adopting any Texas MLB fans for me.

Last edited:

Welcome. Are they for real? can they outlast the Cubs? THe rest look to be down for the year.

That is the million dollar question. Most everyone is not expecting this to last...but so far it has been an entertaining ride. Their biggest area of concern is the bullpen...

Would be nice if they could unload Ryan Braun...but he is paid too much $$$

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back