• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who's a good girl?

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
Dog Saves Owner's Life on New Year's Eve

Around 10:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, Bob was home with his Golden Retriever, Kelsey, watching football and waiting for the New Year’s Eve programming. During a commercial break, he ran out of his house in just long johns, slippers, and a shirt to get a log for his fireplace. The short 15 foot walk turned traumatic when Bob slipped and fell, breaking his neck.

“I was screaming for help but my nearest neighbor is about a quarter mile away and it was 10:30 p.m., but my Kelsey came,” stated Bob. “By morning my voice was gone and I couldn’t yell for help, but Kelsey didn’t stop barking.”

For the next 20 hours Bob was laying paralyzed in the snow in temperatures as low as 24 degrees. Kelsey kept Bob warm by laying on top of him and licking his face and hands to keep him awake. “She kept barking for help but never left my side,” said Bob. “She kept me warm and alert. I knew I had to persevere through this and that it was my choice to stay alive.” After 19 hours outside, Bob lost consciousness but Kelsey kept barking. “She was letting out this screeching howl that alerted my neighbor. He found me at 6:30 p.m. on New Year’s Day.”

http://www.mclaren.org/northernmichigan/ReDesignNews/1787.aspx

new%20years%20neuro%20story%20Bob%20dog%20colon%20basmaji_webnewsstoryjpg.jpg

Last edited:

I read that story yesterday. Amazing what dogs will do, they truely are mans best friend.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back