• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2016-17

I know this isn't BPL news, but to tie it in with the Oscar and Teves moves to the Chinese Super League, did anyone see the supposed report from CR7s agent saying he would have received a contract worth $100M+ per year (plus pay RM $300M for his release), but turned it down? Are you kidding me? I mean I know he's good, but holy crap.

Chelsea sustains a beat-down at Tot. It wasn't that Chelsea played badly, either. That was a Tot team on top of it's game. 2-0 essentially without getting much from Kane. That was an amazing display. Despite the loss, I can admire what Tot did today. Masterful from start to finish.

Now, if Tottenham sells Dele Alli for 50M to Real, I'll invite all Tot fans to my house for condolences. Alli is the real deal. 20 years old, passionate, a knack for positioning, Englishman through and through. I'll throw down the gauntlet right here and now. Tot has the pieces in place, manager and all, to truly compete for the EPL championship for couple years to come. They have all the positions filled with quality and they have good depth. They have young players and believe essentially all on new contracts. Dier, who I once thought, was going to be a loss in DMid, has been glorious. Cam Carter-Vickers can't see the field because their starting CBs have been fantastic if not, suddenly, (I'll go ahead and say it) playing world-class football. Speedy, offensive minded fullbacks. Fast and dangerous midfield and freaking Kane up top. So the gauntlet is this: if they sell perhaps the most promising young midfielder in the game for anything less than it took for ManU get Pogba, I'll be pissed. Pissed for the EPL, pissed for Tot fans worldwide. Dele is worth 70M to me, given the prices last summer window, and the fact that he is British, his EPL value is even more. Tottenham can't let him go. If the number 50M is what Real is really offering and if Tot is seriously considering it, I would hope Chelsea rolls in with 62M and steals him with a thunderous "Thank-you, suckers".

Last edited:
One more thing regarding Dele. If you haven't seen him play this year..........AND............remember him from last year, well, you will see the best example of "making the jump" in recent history. He was talented last year, but not consistently "dangerous". This year? WHOLE different story. Dude has to be marked at all times. He makes defenders look silly without seemingly much effort. His 1v1 defense is, I'm guessing, completely underrated. He's looked the equal to Kante over the past 3-4 games. During that time, if he's locked up on someone, it's over.

I really like Dele, if you can't tell......

Chelsea sustains a beat-down at Tot. It wasn't that Chelsea played badly, either. That was a Tot team on top of it's game. 2-0 essentially without getting much from Kane. That was an amazing display. Despite the loss, I can admire what Tot did today. Masterful from start to finish.

Now, if Tottenham sells Dele Alli for 50M to Real, I'll invite all Tot fans to my house for condolences. Alli is the real deal. 20 years old, passionate, a knack for positioning, Englishman through and through. I'll throw down the gauntlet right here and now. Tot has the pieces in place, manager and all, to truly compete for the EPL championship for couple years to come. They have all the positions filled with quality and they have good depth. They have young players and believe essentially all on new contracts. Dier, who I once thought, was going to be a loss in DMid, has been glorious. Cam Carter-Vickers can't see the field because their starting CBs have been fantastic if not, suddenly, (I'll go ahead and say it) playing world-class football. Speedy, offensive minded fullbacks. Fast and dangerous midfield and freaking Kane up top. So the gauntlet is this: if they sell perhaps the most promising young midfielder in the game for anything less than it took for ManU get Pogba, I'll be pissed. Pissed for the EPL, pissed for Tot fans worldwide. Dele is worth 70M to me, given the prices last summer window, and the fact that he is British, his EPL value is even more. Tottenham can't let him go. If the number 50M is what Real is really offering and if Tot is seriously considering it, I would hope Chelsea rolls in with 62M and steals him with a thunderous "Thank-you, suckers".

Jika, the newest Tot supporter! :)

I thought it was a fairly even match, minus the two quality headers by DA. Hazard should have scored in the 5th minute and there were a couple of chances early in the 2nd half before DA got his 2nd where the ball easily could have gone in the back of the net - especially the header at the back post from Hazard again. The Blues just didn't have the killer instinct in the 1st half and lacked that finishing quality we have seen during their 13 game unbeaten streak. I don't want to say this match meant more to Tot then it did to Chelsea as an excuse, but I really believe that to be the case. If Tot lost this one, their hopes were going to be completely done and their chance to finish top 4 would have taken a hit as well - the whole PL was cheering for them to stem the Chelsea tide and they did that for the time being - Chelsea still 5 clear, 7 clear of Tot.

Also yesterday was interesting to see how Chelsea 'went for it' in the 2nd half by bringing on Willian, Michy and Fabs - all attacking players and yet Tot wasn't able to do anything on the counter. Also not sure why Pedro was started ahead of an in-form Willian, but he also lacked the needed finishing quality. Also yesterday was a microcosm of why Fabs is so frustrating as a player - that game, especially in the 2nd half as it was opening up, was the perfect game for his passing skills, but yet once he was inserted, he looked disinterested. Didn't play many balls in, didn't help much on D, just seemed lost in the middle of the pitch.

Will be interested to see what happens in this coming transfer window too... lots of activity being discussed, but really doubtful anything comes of it.

Jika, the newest Tot supporter! :)

I thought it was a fairly even match, minus the two quality headers by DA. Hazard should have scored in the 5th minute and there were a couple of chances early in the 2nd half before DA got his 2nd where the ball easily could have gone in the back of the net - especially the header at the back post from Hazard again. The Blues just didn't have the killer instinct in the 1st half and lacked that finishing quality we have seen during their 13 game unbeaten streak. I don't want to say this match meant more to Tot then it did to Chelsea as an excuse, but I really believe that to be the case. If Tot lost this one, their hopes were going to be completely done and their chance to finish top 4 would have taken a hit as well - the whole PL was cheering for them to stem the Chelsea tide and they did that for the time being - Chelsea still 5 clear, 7 clear of Tot.

Also yesterday was interesting to see how Chelsea 'went for it' in the 2nd half by bringing on Willian, Michy and Fabs - all attacking players and yet Tot wasn't able to do anything on the counter. Also not sure why Pedro was started ahead of an in-form Willian, but he also lacked the needed finishing quality. Also yesterday was a microcosm of why Fabs is so frustrating as a player - that game, especially in the 2nd half as it was opening up, was the perfect game for his passing skills, but yet once he was inserted, he looked disinterested. Didn't play many balls in, didn't help much on D, just seemed lost in the middle of the pitch.

Will be interested to see what happens in this coming transfer window too... lots of activity being discussed, but really doubtful anything comes of it.

Fabs looks the part against lesser competition. When team press hard and are quick to close down, he really struggles. I think he still has some good years left, but not in the EPL.

Fabs looks the part against lesser competition. When team press hard and are quick to close down, he really struggles. I think he still has some good years left, but not in the EPL.

Yeah, wonder if he'll get moved before the summer? Kante is a fantastic dmid, but he needs some help in the creative process. And I think we saw the limitations of that back 3 - I'd like to see them out Cahill on the bench, move Azpi to LCB and bring Zouma in at RCB. At least with the current squad... Transfer window could change that.

Yeah, wonder if he'll get moved before the summer? Kante is a fantastic dmid, but he needs some help in the creative process. And I think we saw the limitations of that back 3 - I'd like to see them out Cahill on the bench, move Azpi to LCB and bring Zouma in at RCB. At least with the current squad... Transfer window could change that.

Fabs does his part. He's a good guy to bring in off the bench when everyone is tired. He's good depth. If he'd embrace that role, it would be great. But, if I'm in his shoes, I want a move to Liga or Serie A. Those leagues give him a starting role for a couple years yet.

Not sure what Conte will do with the backline. Theoretically, he doesn't have to do anything. He gets Zouma back and next year Christensen will be back. Christensen is playing very well in a back 3 line up now in Borussia. That, and I'm been very, very impressed with Ake when he's been given time at Bournemouth. From my eye, he didn't put one foot wrong in the 3-3 draw to Arsenal. All the goals were from the side opposite. He has ball control up there with D. Luiz and could fill any role along the backline, but at 5'11 probably won't be a regular in the center of the field. That said, he didn't get pushed around by Giroud. I'd love to see what he could do in the wing in a 3-4-3, as well.

It seems Conte agreed with my assessment of Ake thus far this season. Chelsea recalled him from loan 2 days after my assessment.

I'm going to be more careful about my opinions if the Bridge is keeping an eye on our discussions here.

Here we freaking go. Man U already looking to poach from Tottenham (LOL)

ESPN Man U looking to steal

This is what it's all about. This is when Tot ownership has to buckle down, resist stupid money and keep the players in their system that will bring them the championship. How much is a championship worth anyway? How much is a Champions League spot worth? Is it worth selling your stud fullbacks for 60M? How much to replace those guys with less talented players?

Now, let's be honest. Man U has no use for both these guys and this is pretty standard "my editor told me to write something" dumb article. But the real inquiries are going to come hot and heavy in the coming weeks. And when they do, those questions up top will be asked many times by North Londoners.

Last edited:

1. Something bad is happening to the locker room at City. Barring some weird turnaround, Pep is going to have to overhaul that entire roster. The effort is ugly. He's got bad chemistry up there.

2. Is Diego hurt....................or wanting a new contract?

3. Payet is not hurt and wants a new contract. Meanwhile he's simply not going to play?

4. Mkhitaryan is the only player I like watching at ManU. The guy screws up all the time, but he's the only one who regularly can put himself in dangerous advanced positions in order to screw up in the first place. ManU is going to have to look at that roster without bias, because they have a bunch of players who are really average. By the way, that was the best half of football I've seen from Rooney in awhile.

5. Chelsea up 7 on Tottenham and Liverpool; and 8 on Arsenal. Listen, I like how Liverpool plays. But they are winning in spite of their center backs. It's probably going to bite them before too much longer. They are also destined to lose a game due to Mignolet's distribution at some point. Does he purposely put his team in bad positions in order to challenge himself? Lol. Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea are your title contenders. I think, if Pep can rid some of the cancer from his roster, City can challenge.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back