• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green: "You Asked We Answered" Scout Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Nothing really new or earth shattering....from a free article at Longhorns Digest (Scout).....they have backed off more than a "bit" from all I have read and heard....guess it depends what your definition of "a bit" is....:) I think we are fully in the drivers seat for Aaron's commit....but yes, if Brown was to say go to Alabama....I suspect Texas would come hard again for Aaron again....you have to wonder if he would still bite though....million dollar question IF it gets to that point...I really like our chances are landing his commit...

Q: What is the story on Aaron Green? I've heard that UT is still pursuing him, yet I read quotes from him that he hasn't heard from UT in a while.

A: Many people feel that Texas’s interest in Green is directly contrary to the Longhorns’ interest in Malcolm Brown. With two running backs in the past class in Demarco Cobbs and Traylon Shead, and with a big back in Joe Bergeron already committed for 2011, Texas will likely only take one back with its final three openings. With Texas sitting in a strong position for Brown, the Longhorns appear to have backed off Green a bit.

http://texas.scout.com/2/991580.html

This random blog site is a weekly interesting read that places percentages on UT recruiting targets. Have to scroll down a bit past the Washington tight end story to get to the thoughts on Green and Brown. Who knows how legit it is or will be but it is fun to speculate. Anyway from most stuff I read it sounds like Brown to wear orange and Green to wear red. :Biggrin: There is always next years great back in Texas but Jonathan Gray is a really really good next years back.

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010/08/11/texas-recruiting-weekly-austin-seferian-jenkins-wait-watchers/

Last edited:
Hey thanks for that....:) Just adds to the what I have heard that Green will be "N".....hopefully he pulls the trigger soon after Brown does...

Malcolm Brown
Odds of Committing: 105% — extra 5% boost to sway the doubters.
This one’s locked and loaded and don’t let anyone tell you differently. Brown notified the staff weeks ago that he’s Austin bound. We’ve had two different sources close the program confirm as such, including the one that gave us the ASJ prediction and the news of Rasco visiting this past weekend, which scooped all other media outlets foreign and domestic. Time to ask for a $10 refund for the month of August from your preferred pay wall site. Seriously, ask them!

We anticipate Brown to commit before school starts and our five years of wandering the desert giving offers to RB mirages hoping they’d bear 6’1 / 210 / 4.4 fruit will finally be over soon.

Aaron Green
Odds of Committing: 5% — still a long shot.

If Brown chooses the Horns, the percentages are virtually nil for a Green commitment. The Horns have needs at other positions even if ASJ opens up another ship. We’re guessing Green’s spot goes to a corner like Charles Jackson, a player that emerges late in the process with a huge senior year, or an OOS five star caliber player that has contacted the staff to get an indication of interest. Yes, that’s happened. Do they end up in Austin? No. But we’ll generally flirt back.

Another thing the staff is cognizant of is depth chart concerns for the super blue running back prospects in the 2012 class. Jonathan Gray and Barry Sanders, Jr. are high on the staff’s priority lists for next season and they feel that both of these players are better all around backs than Green.

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010...wait-watchers/

This random blog site is a weekly interesting read that places percentages on UT recruiting targets. Have to scroll down a bit past the Washington tight end story to get to the thoughts on Green and Brown. Who knows how legit it is or will be but it is fun to speculate. Anyway from most stuff I read it sounds like Brown to wear orange and Green to wear red. :Biggrin: There is always next years great back in Texas but Jonathan Gray is a really really good next years back.

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010/08/11/texas-recruiting-weekly-austin-seferian-jenkins-wait-watchers/

Last edited:

I know green has great talent, but I am always nervous about being the second choice.

If Aaron Green decides to play for Nebraska or Florida State or someone other than Texas, it will mean they were his first choice - not that Texas wanted Malcolm Brown more. Believe me, if Aaron Green wants to play for Texas, he will play for Texas. Mack Brown may prefer Malcolm Brown more overall, but he wont say no to Green in addition. Too good to pass up. Aaron Green is truly one of the special players in the 2010 class. IMO Green is one of the top 5 overall playmakers , regardless of position. No school in the country, no matter how many spots they have open or position they may prefer to use that scholarship on, is going to say no to Aaron Green choosing to attend their school. Not Florida, not Alabama, not Texas.

well with us being on the tv every week starting next year, travel to see the games shouldnt be much of a factor

If Aaron Green decides to play for Nebraska or Florida State or someone other than Texas, it will mean they were his first choice - not that Texas wanted Malcolm Brown more. Believe me, if Aaron Green wants to play for Texas, he will play for Texas. Mack Brown may prefer Malcolm Brown more overall, but he wont say no to Green in addition. Too good to pass up. Aaron Green is truly one of the special players in the 2010 class. IMO Green is one of the top 5 overall playmakers , regardless of position. No school in the country, no matter how many spots they have open or position they may prefer to use that scholarship on, is going to say no to Aaron Green choosing to attend their school. Not Florida, not Alabama, not Texas.

Great Post!

Here's to Aaron Green making the decision to attend the University of Nebraska. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He appears to have great character and great talent with an excellent family behind him.

Wno says we are the second choice?

I guess it just seems like if it was a case of he wants to play with his brother, why would he have not committed already? That is a plus for us I agree, but IMO Iiv h really wanted to play with his brother he would have commited by now. I think he wants to play at Texas and is waiting to see where Brown goes. If brown does not choose Texas and Texas comes a calling I think he goes there. IMO Texas is his first choice, but if they do not want him he then will come to NU to play with his brother. That is why I think we are a 2nd choice for him....just my:2cents:

I hope he comes to NU, but I just feel he WANTS Texas more

I guess it just seems like if it was a case of he wants to play with his brother, why would he have not committed already? That is a plus for us I agree, but IMO Iiv h really wanted to play with his brother he would have commited by now. I think he wants to play at Texas and is waiting to see where Brown goes. If brown does not choose Texas and Texas comes a calling I think he goes there. IMO Texas is his first choice, but if they do not want him he then will come to NU to play with his brother. That is why I think we are a 2nd choice for him....just my:2cents:

10/16/10 will forever change that feeling if it is true!!!!!! Trust me!

Were not his second choice.....you don't know he wants to play at Texas or he wants them more.....only he knows what he wants and he'll make his decision when he is ready too....read what N2FL wrote....he hit it on the head....

He will commit when he is ready too....we all have different things to consider.....I know when I chose a school I waited until the last minute to make sure in my mind it was the right choice.....some kids can pull the trigger early and are content.....that wasn't me..........and thankfully it was the right decision after I had mulled it over done my research, talked with my family and made the decision when I was ready because once i did it was a commitment I was going to keep.....there is no need to commit before you are ready and no one should rush you.....trust me will have a slot for him when he is ready.....

Too often kids (i.e Tyler Gabbert) make commitments for all the wrong reasons....and then move on.....(we actually won in that case getting Carnes who is the better prospect in my opinion).....I'd rather he makes an informed decision for the right reasons....

I'm not sure what makes you feel he wants Texas.....if he did he could have commited already....right? Like N2FL said no program is going to turn him down....they will make room....Brown or no Brown...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back