• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cyrus Hobbi will visit in early September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
One of his three official vists will be to Nebraska....will visit for one of the games in early September.....this guy would be a BIG Time-get and replace Admire as an O-Line recruit....sounds like he really likes Nebraska.....I think if we blow him a way we have a real good shot at his commit....not in a hurry to make a decision until he makes all of his official visits.....

Offensive guard
Scottsdale, Arizona
Saguaro High School
Ht:6'4"
Wt:285 lbs
Bench Max:405
Class:2011 (High School)

Rivals 4**** 5.9
Position Rank 2 National Rank 72 State Rank 2

Scholarship Offers: (only Schools he has meduim interest in) Arizona State, Cal, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon State, UCLA, USC, Washington
His Favorites: UCLA, Washington, Nebraska

Scouting Report on Cyrus Hobbi

On the Hoof: Hobbi has wide shoulders, thick arms and the chest of a serious weightlifter. Hobbi has very little bad body weight and adding another 20 pounds won't be a problem. His physique is similar to Notre Dame offensive guard Chris Watt.

Needs Improvement: He is fairly lean right now and could use some extra weight for run blocking. Hobbi also thinks he is an offensive tackle, but his arms are not long enough so he will need to learn how to play inside.

Most Impressive: Hobbi looks very natural getting into his pass set and understands the importance of hand placement. He does a nice job of moving his feet while engaged with a defender. His body type looks very versatile as he could easily play center, guard and perhaps right offensive tackle.

Conclusion: This tough offensive lineman has what it takes to become a three-year starter. He backs down to no one and is very athletic for the position.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cyrus-Hobbi-99039

Hmmm wonder which game he'll be watching on 9/18. Would be great if he came to Lincoln and got to know the coaches and players then took a visit to Washington on 9/18 just to seal the deal. He could just come on over and celebrate on the NU sideline while taking his Wash visit.

Last edited:

We could go from having a "Yoshi" on the line to a "Hobbi" on the line...

Who names their kid Cyrus in this age?:Biggrin:

Cyrus Vance (Sec of State for Carter)...

Cyrus McCormick... Inventor of a reaping machine... and the founder of the company that became International Harvester... which makes.... CornHuskers...:Biggrin::cool::thumbsup:

Well then that settles it Cyrus should be N. :) :Biggrin:

According to this site, Cyrus is a popular baby name.

http://www.quickbabynames.com/meaning-of-Cyrus.html

As a baby boy name, Cyrus is currently a popular baby name, with a recent overall USA popularity ranking of 506 out of 1000 (source: 2000s U.S. Census).
Ummm.... I need to get back into Bible Study (plan to do Prophets)... and should have remembered this one...

I was scratching my head as to why a Persian name would be so popular in the West... Clicked on the link and Cyrus mentioned Esther was a suitable name for a sister of Cyrus (Esther/Haddasah was a favorite of a different Persian King) and also Daniel as well... Oh yeah, Cyrus the Great, a Persian King defeated the Babylonian King and allowed the Hebrews to return to Jerusalem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_(Bible)

Cyrus the Great figures in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) as the patron and deliverer of the Jews. He is mentioned twenty-three times by name and alluded to several times more. [1] From these statements it appears that Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, was the monarch under whom the captivity of the Jews ended, for in the first year of his reign he was prompted by God to make a decree that the temple in Jerusalem should be rebuilt and that such Jews as cared to might return to their land for this purpose.

Last edited:

Cyrus has announced per John Talman that he will make his "official visit" the weekend of the Texas game! What a list showing up for that game! I didnt provide a link because John announced it on the RSS. Maybe Red can change the name of the thread from September to the Texas game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back