• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Fonzo's sad slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogahusker

All Big 10
20 Year Member
Not drafted. Not on the radar. I think teams would take a high school corner at this point. Unfortunate that he put himself in this position. Cost him millions.

The severity of the charges he is facing are really hurting. I would not be surprised to see him not drafted at all.

if they would take that guy from UNA, they should take Fonzo. double standard here.

The kid from UNA is physically a lot better than Dennard. That kid started off at Florida before landing at UNA. Before the charges he was no better than a 3rd round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere at the end of the 5th round now.

The charges are hurting him but only by a round or two. What's hurting Dennard more is the fact that he was frequently injured throughout the season and then got injured again during the Senior Bowl practices.

Last edited:
The UNA kid is a better player and did not have as serious criminal history. Drug possession is not as serious as felonious assault on a police officer.

At this point, it's probably better for Deanrd to go Free Agent. He can clean up the criminal matter, then have his choice of where he might land rather than being held captive by a team that might have a DB logjam.

Wasn't Fonzo projected a late first, second rounder at one point? Wonder if Crick and Fonzo would have been better off coming out as juniors?

At this point, it's probably better for Deanrd to go Free Agent. He can clean up the criminal matter, then have his choice of where he might land rather than being held captive by a team that might have a DB logjam.

Disagree. Financially and security wise, free agency is a disaster.

Wasn't Fonzo projected a late first, second rounder at one point? Wonder if Crick and Fonzo would have been better off coming out as juniors?

No doubt about it. They were both projected 1st or 2nd round a year ago by multiple sources.

While Dennard's injuried may have cost him slightly (none were season-ending or career threatening), it was definitely his run-in with the law that caused him to slide this much. No way was he a 5th round or later pick two weeks ago. He truly did cost himself millions.

They both cost themselves a ton of money by not coming out as juniors, particularly Dennard. I still don't think Crick would have been a first rounder if he'd come out as a junior. Despite his production last year he would have still been physically the same guy he is this year and he's just not fast. He doesn't have a fast enough first step off the ball to be a first round NFL draft pick once the scouts got him at the combine.

Dennard was a first round pick last year for sure. His injuries and the lack of production this past season really have hurt him. The stupidity last week hurt him more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back