• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mock Draft has Crick going 58 and David 62 in the second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think David will go higher than Crick because of the injury issue....guess we will see....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/fullnflmockdraft-PatKirwan

Top shelf defensive linemen usually are selected before LBs. However, David is a special player with a skill set that many NFL teams can utilize (he can play strong safety or OLB). Mel Kiper and Todd McShay said that Crick weighed in the high 280s at the combine which is light by NFL defensive linemen standards. Also, pectoral injuries take a long time to recover from. That is probably the reason Crick's weight is somewhat light as he had to take off months of weight lifting to rehab his injury. Both of these factors could affect Crick's draft status.

I agree that David will go higher than Crick.

That would be an excellent result for Crick if he gets drafted that high, given the fact he wasn't able to have the kind of senior season that everyone was hoping for.

Top shelf defensive linemen usually are selected before LBs. However, David is a special player with a skill set that many NFL teams can utilize (he can play strong safety or OLB). Mel Kiper and Todd McShay said that Crick weighed in the high 280s at the combine which is light by NFL defensive linemen standards. Also, pectoral injuries take a long time to recover from. That is probably the reason Crick's weight is somewhat light as he had to take off months of weight lifting to rehab his injury. Both of these factors could affect Crick's draft status.

I agree that David will go higher than Crick.

David's being a 'tweener could work against him the draft. Know one knows for sure if he can play strong safety or not. And playing LB in the NFL at his weight certainly is a concern. He'll be in the NFL next year, that is for sure. But he has a few more question marks than some may want to spend a high second round pick on.

Last edited:
Without that injury he would have been a low first-rounder....

That would be an excellent result for Crick if he gets drafted that high, given the fact he wasn't able to have the kind of senior season that everyone was hoping for.

Based on his draft, it would appear Husker fans would need to become fans of the Jaguars as they would be taking both Crick and Dennard - picks 38 and 70... Not sure how much credence I can give this guy considering he has the Packers taking Cousins @ #59 which wouldn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for the Packers with ARod still taking snaps, and the fact that he has them taking an OL in round 1 while its known they want another pass rusher.

Crick is limited probably to 3-4 DE. Too small to play the interior of a 4-3, you'd think, but he plays with a nice straight back and takes on linemen well to occupy space......so who knows. I agree, the injury will hurt him, but teams will also note he went for stretches where he couldn't dictate the interior game at the college level.

Based on his draft, it would appear Husker fans would need to become fans of the Jaguars as they would be taking both Crick and Dennard - picks 38 and 70... Not sure how much credence I can give this guy considering he has the Packers taking Cousins @ #59 which wouldn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for the Packers with ARod still taking snaps, and the fact that he has them taking an OL in round 1 while its known they want another pass rusher.

Well, the Jags will probably have the #1 overall in 2013, so they've got that going for them.

David's being a 'tweener could work against him the draft. Know one knows for sure if he can play strong safety or not. And playing LB in the NFL at his weight certainly is a concern. He'll be in the NFL next year, that is for sure. But he has a few more question marks than some may want to spend a high second round pick on.

He simply wouldn't fit in many NFL defenses... but there are teams with schemes out there that could (and should) make it work for David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back