• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tossed from the bowl game ... and now this. I'd be pretty surprised to see Dennard go in the first round now (maybe some team will overlook his issues, but his stock has likely dropped with the majority of teams). Amazingly costly mistake.

MAn..I just got done seeing him yesterday at the mall in Lincoln about 6:00pm...That sucks...C'mon Fonzi, you're better than that...

It doesn't matter if he was provoked. He has to know what is on the line and go about his life accordingly right now. He is not just another guy at a club as he has a lot more to lose than Joe six-pack.

bingo! You don't punch police officers, ever, end of story.

AD must have had a ton of booze in him or I he is really really dumb.

Tossed from the bowl game ... and now this. I'd be pretty surprised to see Dennard go in the first round now (maybe some team will overlook his issues, but his stock has likely dropped with the majority of teams). Amazingly costly mistake.

'fonzo just opened up his wallet and poured millions of $$ down the gutter.

Talk about bad timing. :rolleyes:

The football player will pay convicted or not, guilty or not.
Stupid, to suggest there may be another side of the story?
Just an opinion even if its stupid.

This is definitely bad for NU as it will now be a subject of draft-day discussion. It's worse for Dennard, though.

If the officer wasn't hurt, then Dennard wasn't trying to hurt the officer. A bonehead move, but not the worst thing an athlete has ever done. It will cost him but shouldn't be a career-ender.

This is definitely bad for NU as it will now be a subject of draft-day discussion. It's worse for Dennard, though.

If the officer wasn't hurt, then Dennard wasn't trying to hurt the officer. A bonehead move, but not the worst thing an athlete has ever done. It will cost him but shouldn't be a career-ender.

Certainly not the worst move ever ... but it's bad... really bad. And maybe if he'd just shoved the officer you could more clearly suggest he wasn't trying to hurt him -- but if it's true that he punched him in the face, that has a more serious angle. I'm sure it's not a career-ender also.... but he very likely did cost himself hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- with his poor choice.

If the officer wasn't hurt, then Dennard wasn't trying to hurt the officer.

Just because someone is not hurt after an assault does not mean there was no intent to injure the person. I deal with assaults all of the time in my job. Thankfully, most of the people have no injuries, or very minor ones. That doesn't mean that the perpetrator was trying to hold back.

The football player will pay convicted or not, guilty or not.
Stupid, to suggest there may be another side of the story?
Just an opinion even if its stupid.

I am definitely not saying that he is necessarily completely in the wrong but considering his life stage, I would think you keep yourself out of situations that might hurt your career and you certainly don't escalate things even if you didn't start them.

This is just terrible, I understand that Fonzo is an aggressive guy, but you have to turn that crap off when you're not on the field. I find a player punching another player, to be far more understandable then this kind of behavior. In the case of an on the field situation, you're adrenalin is already up there, you're having to channel extreme aggression and then shut if off before you get to the line, that's not an easy thing to do. Shutting that part of you off during an evening out is an easy thing to do to the point that most war vets who kill people find a way to make it happen.

I also think that on the basis of many of his interviews, the suggestion that Alfonzo is not that smart a guy might also have some weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back