• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Notre Dame vs Baylor

rw120555

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Is anybody here still watching Women's Basketball? ND versus UConn was a thriller tonight. I'm not sure if Baylor has been in serious trouble late in the game all season. The Irish will have to be at their best to win Tuesday night.

Griner is a beast. Stanford had a lot of talent and Baylor just wore them down. If Baylor can beat the #2 team in Stanford handily, they can beat the Irish.

Griner is a beast. Stanford had a lot of talent and Baylor just wore them down. If Baylor can beat the #2 team in Stanford handily, they can beat the Irish.

Agree. Baylor-Stanford was the championship game. Does anyone know why Stanford, who was the clear #2 this year with only one loss and a 30+ game winning streak, was essentially the fourth seed of the No. 1's and therefore had to face Baylor in the semi's, instead of the finals? I am sure UConn and ND were also not too happy that they had to play each other for the fourth time this year because of that.

Agree. Baylor-Stanford was the championship game. Does anyone know why Stanford, who was the clear #2 this year with only one loss and a 30+ game winning streak, was essentially the fourth seed of the No. 1's and therefore had to face Baylor in the semi's, instead of the finals? I am sure UConn and ND were also not too happy that they had to play each other for the fourth time this year because of that.
I was expecting and would have preferred Baylor - UConn and Stanford - ND in the semis. But the committee said the seedings (in order) were Baylor, ND, UConn, and Stanford. Strength of schedule was apparently a major factor. Stanford did have the easiest schedule, and did lose to the best team it played, UConn. I get tired of ND - UConn playing so much, but so long as ND wins I guess it is OK by me. Stanford has a great program but playing in a weak conference probably doesn't help it any, either in terms of getting prepped or getting higher seeded.

Don't underestimate the Irish. This is how they start training their female athletes from a very young age. It is little wonder that they are virtually unbeatable by the time they are in their twenties.

[video=youtube_share;DIC7_LUV9KE]http://youtu.be/DIC7_LUV9KE [/video]

I was expecting and would have preferred Baylor - UConn and Stanford - ND in the semis. But the committee said the seedings (in order) were Baylor, ND, UConn, and Stanford. Strength of schedule was apparently a major factor. Stanford did have the easiest schedule, and did lose to the best team it played, UConn. I get tired of ND - UConn playing so much, but so long as ND wins I guess it is OK by me. Stanford has a great program but playing in a weak conference probably doesn't help it any, either in terms of getting prepped or getting higher seeded.

Yes, you are probably right, rw. I just think they could have easily justified Stanford being a 2 or 3 and thereby avoided the ND-UConn re, re, re-match, unless it would have been in the finals, which actually probably would have brought in a lot of viewers, just because they had played so much this year.

Baylor wins more easily tonight over the Irish than Kentucky did last night over Kansas.

Irish cut a 14 point lead down to 6. All my screaming at them seems to be paying off. Everything seems to have been going wrong for them but they are still in it. If ND's cold shooting can improve, they still have a shot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back