• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Onyewu needs knee surgery, out two months

That's too bad for Gooch. I remember seeing his first game on the US squad, and how stunned I was that someone of his size and athleticism chose soccer. His days playing for Team USA were more than likely over, but I hope this doesn't derail his club career.

That's too bad for Gooch. I remember seeing his first game on the US squad, and how stunned I was that someone of his size and athleticism chose soccer. His days playing for Team USA were more than likely over, but I hope this doesn't derail his club career.

sucks...Gooch is a great one...That was a nasty injury...
My thoughts exactly. He should focus on his club career. It's a shame he never got back to where he was before his first injury. Absolute stud center back.

The bad is he needs knee surgery....the good is its minor in the scheme of things...

Onyewu suffered a torn ligament and meniscus in his right knee and requires surgery that will keep him out of action for two months, according to Sporting Lisbon's official website. The injured knee is not the same one that he injured in 2009, when he tore the patellar tendon in his left knee in a World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at RFK Stadium.

The injury will prevent Onyewu for playing for the U.S. national team in next week's friendly against Italy, where he was a good bet to start in central defense. Instead, his absence leaves Jurgen Klinsmann with a gaping hole at the position.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/02/onyewu.html#more

OH MAN, get well soon Gooch. Still think he can play a role for us on defense as he is a big athletic central defender, seems players can play back their longer than up front.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back