• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs. Bulldogs Baseball Thread - Game #1 of the Season!!

My bad! I said psychologist, but maybe they do need some drugs!! :lol: just kidding. :)

One of the most powerful drugs out there is called Placebo. It's amazing what can happen when you believe in it. This team needs a chance to begin to believe something different about themselves. Visualize making the play instead of worrying they won't.

One of the most powerful drugs out there is called Placebo. It's amazing what can happen when you believe in it. This team needs a chance to begin to believe something different about themselves. Visualize making the play instead of worrying they won't.

Yes, nothing like confidence and PRACTICE, and staying calm. So easy, huh? ;)

Doc, what I meant to say was, I said psychologist, then changed it to psychiatrist. What do I know? :lol: Thanks for the lesson. :)

Hi Bob! :Biggrin:

I'm always lurking. I just know the reality... Big Ten baseball is a funeral hymnal. I sure hope that changes some year. :)

It's still college baseball, HWM, and I love the Hskrs, no matter what. This could be my penance on earth? Not too bad a price to pay, hey? :rolfl:

Last edited:

Thanks again, CBob. It will be an interesting season. I hope we have something to cheer about, and improvement would be a good start.

Goodnight to all. I just made copies of some of my bank statements, so I can get all my taxes back............once again! :)

Doctor bills, prescriptions and premiums suck; but, the good thing about it is, we are still breathing well!! :lol:

So, how come we're not favored? ;) Just hoping for an improved season, where we improve thru the season, and not fall into a doldrum. :)

We saw how well being favored in football worked out. Hopefully, the nonconference games get these guys ready to win in the B1G.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNIGHT, FELLOW HUSKERS. REST UP KIDS, FOR YOU PLAY TOMORROW AND SUNDAY. LET'S TAKE 2 OF 3!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!! :banana: :banana:

I will give a longer report tomorrow, but after seeing the game in person I will say this. Gonzaga is a veteran team with solid Defense. Their pitcher tonight will pitch in the majors, no doubt. A few of our veteren guys just didn't seem to have it tonight and there were an awful lot of crazy bounces that mostly went bad for NU. The Zag's were very aggresive and pounded the ball at will. We had a couple misfortunes at the plate, mostly when Kash smoked it down the line with runners on 2nd and 3rd. The Zag's first baseman made an incredible play to save them 2 runs. Should be a great series with their best pitcher outa the way and maybe some of our jitters gone. Attendence was 764 with about 700 cheering for the Huskers.

I just want to add, just like the football board, players read the things we say about them. If we get down on them and say things that aren't positive how do you think they are going to react? They were very appreciative of the crowd in the stands and even joined in on some Husker chants. To me, saying what is going to happen before it happens is giving up and thats the last thing I want to do and I think Coach Erstad feels the same way.

Last edited:

I don't get all the dismay by some. It was the first game under a new coaching staff. There will be improvement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back