• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs. Bulldogs Baseball Thread - Game #1 of the Season!!

Kale ab
0for3
hbp

27 consec games reaching base

changeup
0-1

away
1-1

ck swing/ fouled off
1-2

Derrick Peterson pitcher of record
Vogt, also

in dirt
2-2

chop foul

flags are limp, like the Huskers!

brk bl just misses
full count

ump is razzed

slap to 1b, Hunter wins race

2 down

:(

Sanguinetti ab
1for3
bb

opportunities really
wasted by Hskrs tonite

Too familiar!!

high
1-0

in for
1-1

moving target, again,
they say!

2-1

Kash on deck

s/m
2-2

down to last strike, fellas

s/m!

well, it's over, guys!

sloppy 6th, and failing to
rally with no outs!

goodnight! :(

This team is young and they played like it. They will have to grow up fast and Erstad has a lot of coaching to do to make up for the bad habits of the past.

This team is young and they played like it. They will have to grow up fast and Erstad has a lot of coaching to do to make up for the bad habits of the past.

Amen, Doc! As I said last season, they could use a psychiatrist. You know of one? ;)

Last edited:

Well, NU played well, right up to the point where they got the lead, then couldn't capitalize on runners in scoring position. Then Zags tied it back up quickly in the next inning, and NU just wilted.

TD, any insight into sports psychology?

Last edited:
Hey, Len, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride!!

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Hopefully, we may not have to worry about ifs, ands or buts tomorrow

Take care.

Last edited:
... and this is why I picked Gonzaga in our contest.

... Best of luck to Darin Erstad... my favorite Husker baseballer ever... sadly, it will never be like the days of Van Horn.... but any improvement over Anderson (shouldn't be difficult) will keep me interested this time of year. We'll rack up a bunch of mostly meaningless wins again the Sun Belt (errr... Big Ten) conference.

Last edited:
Amen, Doc! As I said last season, they could use a psychiatrist. You know of one? ;)

Psychiatrists just prescribe meds and this team needs more than that. A sports psychologist may well be a good start, but the problem with fundamentals speaks to coaching.

Thanks again for the pbp CBob.

A good wake up call for a young Husker team, certainly not what I expected but understandable. Darin now has something to work on......

... and this is why I picked Gonzaga in our contest.

... Best of luck to Darin Erstad... my favorite Husker baseballer ever... sadly, it will never be like the days of Van Horn.... but any improvement over Anderson (shouldn't be difficult) will keep me interested this time of year. We'll rack up a bunch of mostly meaningless wins again the Sun Belt (errr... Big Ten) conference.

Ah, he lurks! :lol: Good to "see" you, HWM. We'll just have to see how it goes. :)

Psychiatrists just prescribe meds and this team needs more than that. A sports psychologist may well be a good start, but the problem with fundamentals speaks to coaching.

Thanks again for the pbp CBob.

My bad! I said psychologist, but maybe they do need some drugs!! :lol: just kidding. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back