• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will A Coaching Change Effect A Venomous Board?

hpride1982

Recruit
5 Year Member
I have frequented the BBall board for many years back in the old Huskerpedia days. Though I use to contribute a lot more back then (I had a desk job) and not as much now I remember the BBall board being a lot more friendly and more enjoyable to contribute to. That got me thinking, is the only reason it is so toxic and posters are so quick to attack because of the state of BBall? If a coaching change happens at the end of the season are things going to mellow here and be more enjoyable to contribute to?

All I can say is that I hope so. There are a lot of good fans on here that can offer some real intelligent posts but right now it seems everyone is so at odds that it can get down right nasty on here and it didn't use to be that way.

Any thoughts?

doubtful it will probably turn into a pissing contest with guys saying that they always wanted doc gone vs those that will be labeled as doc supporters....the solich/callahan crap all over just in hoops and with a lot less people actually giving a crap

Last edited:
While I think some vitriol will be there I don't think it will be as toxic as the Soich/Callahan/Pelini stuff on thefootball board. There really isn't much support for Doc even though most people like Doc and want him to succeed. I think it will be rather laid back for a couple 2-3 years unless it's a real head scratch hire. Like Strickland or Piatkowski type hire.

Some people here seem to just want to attack. 2 are MIA so this has been a quiet week.

And some like to stick their head in the sand, ignore the obvious, only to one day do an about face and call for Docs job.

And some like to stick their head in the sand, ignore the obvious, only to one day do an about face and call for Docs job.

So, which part are you objecting to: A. when they don't post that Doc should/will be fired or B. when they do post that Doc should or will be fired?

Or is the answer C. you seem to just want to attack?

it was venomous at the end of the collier era as well.

regardless of what happens coach wise, NU has to move past the I'll support success when I see it mentality. with a new facility, perhaps new perspective can enable folks to appreciate basketball similar to the way they celebrate football. Nebraska basketball needs a re-boot, a new beginning - purge the apathy and embrace the sport first, then subsequent team success.

I can't see it improving much until Nebraska Basketball starts getting consistently better. I don't expect to win the B1G, but we have to get competitive enough that we start at least getting invited to the dance and then win a first round game.

I can't see it improving much until Nebraska Basketball starts getting consistently better. I don't expect to win the B1G, but we have to get competitive enough that we start at least getting invited to the dance and then win a first round game.

before northwestern does.

Who's objecting?

Just stating a fact, 'tis all...

It certainly reads like you are justifying the attacks when you responded with:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese

Just so I am clear on what you are saying...you have no objection to that facts that "some like to stick their head in the sand, ignore the obvious, only to one day do an about face and call for Docs job". Is that what you are saying?

If the answer is yes, why did you post it?

If the answer is no, which part are you objecting to: A. when they don't post that Doc should/will be fired or B. when they do post that Doc should or will be fired? Or is the answer C. you seem to just want to attack?

Interesting thread. I remember joining HPedia to chase back Merle in support of Doc. But then this one poster was getting under EVERYONE'S skin with silly threads (ie anyone remember FT% Defense?). Well that's really when things started getting ugly on this board.

And that same poster is still so confrontational (jsut look at the previous posts of this thread) that I doubt a coaching change will matter despite all posters being firmly supportive of the new coach. It's like one poster needs attention (see the thread titled "feels like the end..." and who had to make Callahan-only posts on the basketball board because he didn't like the way the thread was trending).

Winning cures all. Once NU starts winning on a consistent basis, the attitudes will change. Really, it shouldn't be too difficult to win at NU (and by win, I mean make the NCAA's on a consistent basis). Even without the new practice facility, and new arena to come, finishing in the top 6 or 7 of the conference 3 out of 5 years should not be too hard to achieve. Heck the B1G may get as many as 9 teams in the NCAA's this. Is it really that hard to finish in the top 75% of the conference?

Interesting thread. I remember joining HPedia to chase back Merle in support of Doc. But then this one poster was getting under EVERYONE'S skin with silly threads (ie anyone remember FT% Defense?). Well that's really when things started getting ugly on this board.

And that same poster is still so confrontational (jsut look at the previous posts of this thread) that I doubt a coaching change will matter despite all posters being firmly supportive of the new coach. It's like one poster needs attention (see the thread titled "feels like the end..." and who had to make Callahan-only posts on the basketball board because he didn't like the way the thread was trending).
I am not sure I remember FT% Defense being discussed.

Let us all, if you can, what has been said about FT% Defense.

Thanks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back