• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska's prospects?

rw120555

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Glad to see this forum. I've found that I've been a much happier sports fan ever since I added Women's Basketball to the sports I follow. :) My biggest claim to sports fame is that my daughter played on the 7th grade city championship team with current Notre Dame superstar Skylar Diggins. I always say that my daughter wasn't the most talented player on that team, but she was the shortest. ;)

The top 4 teams all won by at least 20 points this weekend, and three of them were going up against ranked opponents. Notre Dame had the smallest margin of victory but it was up by 36 when it pulled most of its starters with 16 minutes to go. I'd be amazed if the Final Four wasn't Baylor, ND, UConn and Stanford, with Stanford being the biggest question mark.

But what about Nebraska? I haven't seen them play. Just looking at scores and records, I peg them as a Sweet 16 team, maybe outside shot of Elite 8. Are others more optimistic or pessimistic than I am? A few years ago Nebraska and ND looked like they might be headed for an NCAA matchup but then both stumbled in the Sweet 16. I'd love to see them somehow get paired up this year.

Glad to see this forum. I've found that I've been a much happier sports fan ever since I added Women's Basketball to the sports I follow. :) My biggest claim to sports fame is that my daughter played on the 7th grade city championship team with current Notre Dame superstar Skylar Diggins. I always say that my daughter wasn't the most talented player on that team, but she was the shortest. ;)

The top 4 teams all won by at least 20 points this weekend, and three of them were going up against ranked opponents. Notre Dame had the smallest margin of victory but it was up by 36 when it pulled most of its starters with 16 minutes to go. I'd be amazed if the Final Four wasn't Baylor, ND, UConn and Stanford, with Stanford being the biggest question mark.

But what about Nebraska? I haven't seen them play. Just looking at scores and records, I peg them as a Sweet 16 team, maybe outside shot of Elite 8. Are others more optimistic or pessimistic than I am? A few years ago Nebraska and ND looked like they might be headed for an NCAA matchup but then both stumbled in the Sweet 16. I'd love to see them somehow get paired up this year.

I saw them play in Iowa City about 7 or 8 rows from the Nebraska bench. I'd say that they are a well coached, hard working team that won't give up. I'd agree with your projection. With a good stretch run, they could get into a #4 seed and get to play in Ames and then Des Moines. Problem is that I foresee Baylor being the number 1 seed coming to Des Moines.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back