• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feilhaber- Where does he fit?

Yeah that is the company line for the anti-Beckerman crowd...sorry I disagree....overseas is not the be all and end all for every player....MLS is getting better and better because of players like Kyle...we have to grow our own league....I don't see Beckerman at this point in his career going to Europe...

MLS has to start paying the American stars better and keep them home...but that is another for another day...:)

Potential? He is 28 going on 29.....he has proven himself both in MLS and on the international level......

Newcastle....great tradititon....tough to lose back to back FA Cups with the great Allen Shearer on the team.....not a great owner right now...or coach....but some really good young players....

Totally get where you're coming from, and I understand that Beckerman is your boy. I like Beckerman (and am far from anti-Beckerman) but I've seen enough of him to know he's not our top option at this point. He could be, but it'd take more work. And I don't think being in MLS where he's playing against players that aren't as good as him is the way to better his game. Just my opinion.

I didn't realize he's that old, though. That definitely throws a wrench in my plan to send him overseas. :)

Trust me: I'm rooting for Beckerman. Beyond Bradley, I'm not a huge fan of any of our other options at holding midfielder.

I'm sort of in the middle between you two. I feel like Beckerman has all of the traits needed to be a stud CDM for the USA already. I actually think it would help him greatly if he was to go overseas IF he could get picked up by the right team and right manager. However, if his position is this up for debate at 28 going on 29 then I can't really blame Klinnsman for looking for a younger option. All in all, I feel that Beckerman should have been in the last few friendlies to be able to prove himself as worthy of a spot for our 'A' team. I feel that if given the chance and the right system, Beckerman and Bradley underneath Dempsey with Bradley making runs accordingly would do very well. But, will it be the preferred option going into the next world cup? That is the question. I really feel like at this point (right or wrong) Klinnsman is choosing players to get developed for the WC in 2 1/2 years

But, will it be the preferred option going into the next world cup? That is the question. I really feel like at this point (right or wrong) Klinnsman is choosing players to get developed for the WC in 2 1/2 years

The scary part is that qualification starts in June. :eek:

I think the Italy friendly next month will tell us a lot. It'll be mostly our European players, which is basically our "A" team. I'm really interested to see the formation and starters.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back