• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT v Venezuela

That goal was poetic justice after that performance by the ref and the Venuzulians....

Last edited:
There it is, the final whistle, and the USA wins on a goal in extra time by Ricardo Clark. Great energy all match long by the USA. Well deserved victory.. :Biggrin:

While this match was not a barn burner, the US team had great energy all match long, and earned a well deserved result. The Venezuelans also got what they deserved. :Biggrin: :usflag: :Biggrin: :usflag: :Biggrin: :usflag: :Biggrin: :usflag:

Like I said Feilhaber needs to be back in the 23 man squad....too good of a playmaker to not be....for what ever reason Klinsman has ignored up until now...best touch on the ball of anyone on the pitch tonight....

What a great team win for those guys. They all played well, showed great energy, and got a good win for the team. I am so glad that I got to watch the match on our XBox.... :Biggrin:

Watched on DVR, so couldn't join the chat here. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the starting lineup and only recognized 3 of the names...

Very good effort by the team tonight, maybe playing for future opportunities? I was very entertained overall and thought we played a very good game, with excellent passing and teamwork out there.

Not sure about tackling in the box. I don't know much about soccer, but it seemed that the referee didn't have his head in the game on the corner kicks. Maybe someone can explain those no-calls to me.

Ironic part is...if the Venezuelan players don't argue for so long before the free kick then we wouldn't have scored that goal

That goal was poetic justice after that performance by the ref and the Venuzulians....

Agree with both. Nothing better than seeing teams go way overboard on time wasting, having their stupid actions come back to bite them in the end. It needs to happen more often. Good win. Hopefully it's something these guys can build off of.

Its an unsanctioned international friendly with mostly MLS guys....we have done this for about the past 5 or 6 years and its actually a pretty good idea as it gives a chance to see some new faces...we have foudn 2 or 3 guys with this process....with that being said not allot of interest because of that....Glavision does a great job....we watch their broadcasts quite....much better commentary than ESPN....

Jones is only in because of his latest thug move of stomping on a guys ankle that was already injured in a Bundasliga game....banned for two months by the league....

So no its not a joke...

That explains a lot to me...I was wondering why they'd schedule a match at this time if they couldn't get the big names. I'm still a relative newbie on the soccer scene. Is the Panama game also the same and do these count in the FIFA standings?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back