• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo doing a little flirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for HinO to chime in because he can verify that I was off board with calllllllly after the '05 loss to KU, which I still considering the worst NU loss that I can remember.

I may have for practical reasons, such as what I've argued about the '03 firing of Solich, been ok (but not happy) with giving him another year or two, but I was vocal that calllllllly would never get it done and we'd have to suffer until a minimal amount of time passed. Many had similar feelings. They certainly didn't feel extensions for callllllly and pedey was warranted.... of course some on here did, right HnC?

So you jumped ship before most others. Does that give you more cred?

BTW, for those keeping track, I was calling for Callahan to be fired after the Southern Miss loss. It was obvious to me after that game that he was clueless. I was calling for Pedey to be fired from the moment he uttered his mediocre gravitational speech.

I'm not convinced that he would have fired Cally if we'd have beaten CU in the last game.

Jay posted the quote in the bball forum in a discussion about Doc Sad. Essentially "0-4 and it's over. 4-0 and 'maybe we can make it work'" Maybe? At 4-0? That leads me to believe NO outcome at CU could have saved him. And rightfully so. Just sayin.

These threads are always entertaining... Solich should have never been fired after a 9-3 season, as evidenced by the number of coaches that would not even interview for the position after it happened. Urban Meyer said it best.

Said it before. I'll say it again. Urb's comments were entirely irrelevant. People who would listen NOW (high level coordinators and mid-major heads) would have listened then. Not sure SP even looked in that direction at all.

If Fred wants an apology, maybe he can start by apologizing for all the labels that he attached to those of us that chose to support Callahan as the head coach of our Huskers and choose not to take cheap shots at him at every turn.

+1

absolutely love the "oh yeah, well I knew before you did...I remember watching the 2nd drive in the 2nd quarter of the 3rd game of the 2004 season and remember turning my head towards the ole battle axe and saying, ya know honey this ole' Callahan ain't going to get er done..etc etc..":Biggrin:

Last edited:

absolutely love the "oh yeah, well I knew before you did...I remember watching the 2nd drive in the 2nd quarter of the 3rd game of the 2004 season and remember turning my head towards the ole battle axe and saying, ya know honey this ole' Callahan ain't going to get er done..etc etc..":Biggrin:

4-0 BAYBEE!!!

Said it before. I'll say it again. Urb's comments were entirely irrelevant. People who would listen NOW (high level coordinators and mid-major heads) would have listened then. Not sure SP even looked in that direction at all.

Urban Meyer was a mid-major head in '03. What makes you think others would have been different?

Trust me, the shots that Callahan takes are not cheap. How much did he and pedey fleece the University for? Anyone?

I wanted Callahan fired in 2002. That's how ahead of the curve I was!:rolleyes:

pfffft...that's weak. I knew Callahan was not going to be a good HC at Nebraska way back in 1997. At that time I developed a time machine to go back in time to 1765 to eliminate all Callahan blood lines, however I was unsuccesful due to transportation issues within that time period...anyways, everyone knows it takes 10 years (real time) to travel between time periods, so for that 10 year period (1997-2007) in which I was gone I created a very positive cyborg of myself to keep up appearances and so people would not question things like "hey where did unmartin go?!?". Unfortunately, this cyborg was ultra supportive of anything and when he decided to voice his BC thoughts from 2005-early 2007 he was not speaking on what I really believed....so when I returned in mid 2007 I was completely astounded to see that all of you fans had allowed BC to even become our coach, I mean if I could see way back in 97 that BC would never be a good HC at Nebraska how could you guys not see it when he stepped off the plane when he arrived at Nebraska......simpletons:rolleyes:

:Biggrin:

Urban Meyer was a mid-major head in '03. What makes you think others would have been different?

Because urban was RED HOT and was going to have his pick of the top of the top. As I recall he was reported to have his sights set on ND and Willingham wasn't long for the golden dome at the time. He never would have considered NU because he was going to be considered for ND, Fla, etc. type jobs.

Because urban was RED HOT and was going to have his pick of the top of the top. As I recall he was reported to have his sights set on ND and Willingham wasn't long for the golden dome at the time. He never would have considered NU because he was going to be considered for ND, Fla, etc. type jobs.

yup...getting a coach would not have been an issue if we would have been going after the right thing (quality) instead we wanted a "name"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back