• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo doing a little flirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there are quite a few somebody's that owe me an apology for all the vitriol directed my way during that horrible 4 year stretch, including the poster you've quoted.

I sure seemed to be taking a lot of heat back then for what Corp NOW says wasn't even my position.:p

Don't start with your lies Fred. You didn't ask for Callahan to be fired until the 2007 season.

Frank was pretty tolerant and defferential to Tom's coaching staff. Let's not forget the contingency of 20/20 hindsight Husker fans that make the claim Frank should have made sweeping changes in the staff following the '01 season and the loss in the MNC game.

Yep, and when it did happen things turned around right away. Yet we still have occasional teeth-gnashing about the fates of Milt and Dan...not so much about Craig, though. Hell, they all let Frank, the team, the program, down. They were released as softly as possible, but their time had come. 2002 was an extremely weird season. Excepting maybe the KSU loss, NU was leading, or at least in every game at the half only to end up on the short end at the finish. Guess that's the way the ball bounced that year.

We can rehash this 50 times in the next 3 months, and no one's mind is going to be changed.

True, but my cynicism about human nature and intelligence can certainly be confirmed.

By the way, how you feeling about that extension for pedey/callllllly that you advocated for?

Who were the posters that wanted Callahan fired before the 07 season? You certainly weren't one of them.

As far as Solich's 16-12 mark, it's clear why that's used. That's the stretch that convinced me he was not the right man for the job. It was the first 11 wins of the 2001 season, it were the last 2 blowout losses of 2001 and beyond.

We can rehash this 50 times in the next 3 months, and no one's mind is going to be changed.

Is that "cibolo's" old 16-12 saw? The cherry-picking of dates and scores? Worthless crap then, worthless crap tonight.

That's exactly how I saw it. I was never impressed with Cally as a coach, easecially after that first season. Then all the pathetic chest pounding from his butt boys after the next two seasons was laughable considering that type of performance by Solich was inexcusable.

My hopes were pinned on getting rid of Pedey, and bringing in an honest evaluator to deem the worthiness of our coaching staff. Those hopes were pretty much squashed when Pearlman handed out unearned extensions to Pedey & Cally.

Even though I was expecting another collapse in '07, how things transpired was incredible. As far as firing Cally, I was ok if Osborne decided to give him more time because I knew the decision was made by an honest broker. I'm not convinced that he would have fired Cally if we'd have beaten CU in the last game.

Good post here. I think this represents a lot folks, myself included.

The problem back then for me was that although I never felt comfortable with Callahan, I wanted the team to win (hence success for Cally). It was one big inner conflict, really. My hope was he would be good enough to get a call to go back to the NFL and then be gone. I recall that I clung to some hope for Husker/Cally success until the Auburn bowl game. After that, I just wanted the BC/Pedey era to be over.

Last edited:
Yet you want to cherry-pick KSU's 2003 season to make them out to some unbeatable force?

Wrong. Everybody knows they had 3 losses (including Marshall) prior to getting hot. I freely said that they had a sluggish start in '03, but became a buzzsaw by the middle of October. (Look it up.) Didn't have to cherry-pick to press an agenda like you and old cib always have. Couple games here, a few there, couple more, voila'...I knew Frank had to go. Crap then, crap now.

Good post here. I think this represents a lot folks, myself included.

The problem back then for me was that although I never felt comfortable with Callahan, I wanted the team to win (hence success for Cally). It was one big inner conflict, really. My hope was he would be good enough to get a call to go back to the NFL and then be gone. I recall that I clung to some hope for Husker/Cally success until the Auburn bowl game. After that, I just wanted the BC/Pedey era to be over.

I lost hope for Calleyball when we went out to USC and Turtled! For the first time I was ashamed to be a Nebraska Fan!

Wrong. Everybody knows they had 3 losses (including Marshall) prior to getting hot. I freely said that they had a sluggish start in '03, but became a buzzsaw by the middle of October. (Look it up.)

And I see it the same way in regards to Frank Solich. In 2001, everyone knows we were hot to start the year. However, we then had 2 very sluggish games, and them seemed to be the beginning of the decline. Hence, why it's used.

When you talk about NU losing to KSU in 2003, you're going to talk about NU losing to a "hot" and "almost unbeatable" team. You aren't going to talk about KSU being a team that lost to Marshall and ended the year with 4 losses.

Last edited:

True, but my cynicism about human nature and intelligence can certainly be confirmed.

By the way, how you feeling about that extension for pedey/callllllly that you advocated for?

Corpus would have the good folks think you and I were all for those idiotic extensions.
As for who called for Cally's firing and when? I think it's safe to say the contingent that recognized how pathetic he was as a coach were well aware of whose decision that was to make. To suggest we would not have been happy to see that loser gone even before '07 is a disengenuous arguement.

And I see it the same way in regards to Frank Solich. In 2001, everyone knows we were hot to start the year. However, we then had 2 very sluggish games, and them seemed to be the beginning of the decline. Hence, why it's used.

When you talk about NU losing to KSU in 2003, you're going to talk about NU losing to a "hot" and "almost unbeatable" team. You aren't going to talk about KSU being a team that lost to Marshall and ended the year with 4 losses.

I'm sure you've got your beady eye on Bo right now...he's 2-2 "lately." "Not the right man..." startin' to fill your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back